• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

New 2.75 3.5” pitch track

J
Jun 13, 2009
Hailey, Idaho
Works great, but can't get it to stop ratcheting under boost ( Agility kit with 10 psi )... it's to the point of worrying about the wheels or bearings . Snow was fluffy and no base to hard crust. Back to back with my 19 on the same day
(sidekick turbo) its like comparing 155 to 163 as far as traction. Stock sled shouldn't be to much of an issue.

kylant

Lifetime Membership
Mar 4, 2011
CA
Just some food for thought.
I have the new track, but I am running Avid center drive 6.5 tooth, 3.5 pitch drivers.
On the stand, with the track not tensioned all the way, the track would jump/ratchet just turning it by hand.
With it properly tensioned, it does not do this. although the center extrovert tooth will occasionally clip the edge of the drive window

I also notice/can feel the track shift on the drivers when going from coast to drive. this is most noticeable when taking off from a stop

rydningen

Premium Member
May 9, 2009
Northern Norway
Just some food for thought.
I have the new track, but I am running Avid center drive 6.5 tooth, 3.5 pitch drivers.
On the stand, with the track not tensioned all the way, the track would jump/ratchet just turning it by hand.
With it properly tensioned, it does not do this. although the center extrovert tooth will occasionally clip the edge of the drive window

I also notice/can feel the track shift on the drivers when going from coast to drive. this is most noticeable when taking off from a stop

Hmm, have heard the same from others, but was thinking Avid drivers would be the fix.

Guess Ill hold off on testing the 8 series..

Is this an issue with the Polaris track in 3.5’’ pitch, Camso LX or the Doo tracks not affected?

damx

Lifetime Membership
Feb 13, 2011
No problem on 2 sleds running avid drivers and doo 165 tracks. Actually rolles better then any of the camso tracks I had.

mt.sledder

Lifetime Membership
Nov 28, 2007
Saskatchewan
No problem on 2 sleds running avid drivers and doo 165 tracks. Actually rolles better then any of the camso tracks I had.
Are you running the doo track on an axys? What pitch drivers are you using and did you trim 1/2" off each side of the track?

damx

Lifetime Membership
Feb 13, 2011
Yes, 3.5 " pitch drivers just like the track is. And it's cut 3/8" each side, to make it 15"wide.

turboless terry

Premium Member
Jan 15, 2008
Big Timber, MT
I rode my wife's 165 kaos vs my my buddy's 163 kaos with composite track and i couldn't tell any difference. Powder on top. A layer of traction below and sugar below that. 2.75 jumped right out of snow but i thought his did too. I've had series 7 and not a fan. It trenches and digs down. I know why burandt doesn't like it. I need more time to compare. My alpha is only a 154 so not a fair comparison but i don't think anything has the traction of a alpha track. 2.75 hooks up and jumps up in sugar snow. Combine that with lighter and it's a big win for Polaris riders imo

LPIdaho

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
IF,ID
are you using avid extrovert drivers or center drive?
Center drive. Tensioned to 1/2" sag at 10#

To me, this track is really impressive.

Every set of avid drivers I've used does something weird at low speeds until the track and drivers break-in and mesh together and then are super smooth after a few hundred miles.

Another thing to keep in mind is that we are trying to wrap this track around a driver that only has 6 teeth

kylant

Lifetime Membership
Mar 4, 2011
CA
Center drive. Tensioned to 1/2" sag at 10#

To me, this track is really impressive.

Every set of avid drivers I've used does something weird at low speeds until the track and drivers break-in and mesh together and then are super smooth after a few hundred miles.

Another thing to keep in mind is that we are trying to wrap this track around a driver that only has 6 teeth
?? that is what I am running too.
makes total sense, that is what Murph has said as well. he set up my drivers ??

Premium Features