• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

NEO trailers? Any experiences?

X

xc6rider

Just came across Neo trailers, and wondering if anyone has any experience with them. Never heard of them, and see a local dealer carries them now.

http://www.neotrailers.com Out of Michigan I believe.

Looked over their site and it looks like they've got tons of options, and any pricing I've run across seems pretty low. I assume they are in the lower end category of aluminum trailers, but some of the build pics looked better than others I've seen. Hopefully I can get down and look at one.

They have a 7.5' wide inline with 84" between the wheel box, and being able to get 6'6" or 7' height would be awesome. (I'm too damn tall).

I really like the Aluma and featherlite trailers, but think having a trailer in general needs to come first. As well as, I really am unsure what trailer type serves me the best at this time. First time, starter trailer I'm thinking...

What you guys think, any hands-on with the NEO?

I'm going to look at one today.

I have been looking at alot of trailers in the last two weeks.
I used to think Aluma was right up there with Featherlite. After looking at a couple, they are not even close. Pretty weak framework. Fit at finish is ok. There roof edges are a little nicer than some and they have less seems on the side than lower priced ones.

Featherlite really is in a class of their own.

Neo's seem to be a good middle of the road trailer. I'll know more today.

NEO, is on the low end of quality for sure. I would try and find a used Featherlite or ATC before I bought a new Neo. A friend of mine bought a new neo for sleds and hauling a dirt modified. After 2 years it was in worse condition then my 14yr old featherlite that has close to 75,000 miles on it.
The materials they use are very cheap, wiring is very poorly done and the resale is very low.

I would keep looking :) Eric

Example of the issues im talking about.

http://www.snowest.com/forum/showthread.php?t=380313

I looked at a Neo right next to a Stealth Predator. The Neo had 24" o.c. crossmembers. Stealth was 16". The Stealth frame looked beefier. Fit and finish is so so on both. The Neo somewhat resembles Aluma in the roof edge trim except the roof sheet is screwed instead of riveted. The Neo copied Triton on the center door latch. I found that to be a good theory, but the latch was kind of cheap with really sharp edges and not easy to manipulate with gloves on.

The Neo tie downs are a joke. Just flimsy little bracket with a single bolt and a loop.

One other thing I didn't like about the Neo was the location of the side door. It was positioned too close to the front so they actually have a piece of kick plate that hooks in brackets across the bottom of the door so when you come up the ramp, your ski doesn't slam into the door.

For a middle of the road trailer my money would go to the Stealth hands down. Lot's more bells and whistles, built better tha Neo.Similar fit and finish. Both have kind of crappy wiring using Scotch Locks inside where the lights hook up. Probably a run it 5-7 years and sell situation. Featherlite is a 10-15 year keeper and will definitely be worth more on resale.

If your going to load it heavy, use it a ton and you don't mind paying almost 2 times as much Featherlite is the way to go.

What were the problems you had with Stealth? Other than minor fit and finish and a batch of bad door hardware, I haven't seen many complaints while searching through Google results.

My buddy bought one, and ended up trading it in right away. Dont think he even took it on a trip, one possibly. Sheating had several problems we noticed while re-finishing off the interior. All of the electrical on it was horrendous. Multiple spots had screws run right through wires, somd through sheating but not into structural beams. Shorts everywhere, brakes were causing problems, blew fuses on every truck we hooked it to constantly, scotch locks that werent conducting 100%. While re-wiring the brand new trailer, found bad welds, non-existent welds. bent trim pieces hammered back straight. One day before a trip we started chasing out yet another short, he said screw it, went and traded it off. He either got one that a trainee built, or they rush and screw lots of stuff up. Was a nice looking trailer though, too bad.

Also, dealer was of ZERO help. Twice he took it to them, they were gonna charge him to repair it instead of working something out. First time nothing was cured, second time we decided we'd do it ourselves. Found all the ugliness when we stripped the interior.

Last edited:
I asked the kid in the service department what kind of problems he sees with the Stealth. He said they see a few bad LEDs, and some problems with Scotch Locks now and then. They have some customers who ask for them to go through and replace the Scotch Lock connections with good heat shrink connectors. I asked him about any exterior issues. He said mostly customer damage that they try to get covered under warranty.

He said one trailer had the taped seams on the exterior coming apart. Stealth had them send the trailer back to the factory so they could look into it. He said they re skinned the entire trailer under warranty. The problem was the worker was supposed to clean and prime the bonding areas with a certain cleaner. He ran out of the cleaner, so he just decided to use some brake clean and stick it together which resulted in bond failing.

Which trailer brand did your buddy end up trading for?

I asked the kid in the service department what kind of problems he sees with the Stealth. He said they see a few bad LEDs, and some problems with Scotch Locks now and then.

These folks build trailers for a living, and they use Scotch Locks?
That right there shows that they are more interested in building trailers at low cost than they are about building a quality trailer.

Un-acceptable.

These folks build trailers for a living, and they use Scotch Locks?
That right there shows that they are more interested in building trailers at low cost than they are about building a quality trailer.

Un-acceptable.

Scotch Locks and crimp butt connectors is the norm on over 1/2 the trailers on the market. Just look at the price of some of these all aluminum trailers and you know that quality is not a priority. Eric

Yep. Definitely not a grade a on the fit and finish or longevity. But I guess you have to find a balance. If excellent fit and finish and a long service life were paramount in every aspect we'd all be riding a "pre-Cat" Yamaha.

I asked the kid in the service department what kind of problems he sees with the Stealth. He said they see a few bad LEDs, and some problems with Scotch Locks now and then. They have some customers who ask for them to go through and replace the Scotch Lock connections with good heat shrink connectors. I asked him about any exterior issues. He said mostly customer damage that they try to get covered under warranty.

He said one trailer had the taped seams on the exterior coming apart. Stealth had them send the trailer back to the factory so they could look into it. He said they re skinned the entire trailer under warranty. The problem was the worker was supposed to clean and prime the bonding areas with a certain cleaner. He ran out of the cleaner, so he just decided to use some brake clean and stick it together which resulted in bond failing.

Which trailer brand did your buddy end up trading for?

Forgot to respond to this. He got a steel frame Haulmark.

Premium Features

Back