• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Need help with picking bumper and skid plate for 09 dragon

FTXMOTORSPORTS

Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
WESTERN WASHINGTON
www.ftxmotorsports.com
ftx when will the carbon plates be availible? thats the answer i was looking for.

I prefer to test what we build before releasing in mass quantity to the public...we'll have plates built by the end of october and may release a select few to the right people who can help with the testing process early season. They will be available by early november when this process is complete.

curt

FTXMOTORSPORTS

Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
WESTERN WASHINGTON
www.ftxmotorsports.com
thefullmonte;165557 You don't want bumpers to be too strong as the force will be transferred to the bulkhead or other areas. Much thought has to go into these including fold points. [/QUOTE said:
Agreed, which is why the Cobe design uses inexpensive and easy to replace shear and crush zone brackets-if you do goof up severely, these brackets will give after absorbing much of the impact, thus protecting critical(and expensive) chassis areas from damage....its not all about just protecting the bodywork folks!!

AndrettiDog

Lifetime Membership
Dec 23, 2007
Colorado
Thanks for the info on the bumpers. I know there was a really long thread out there, but I didn't want to go down that road. Just some of the basics works for now. It's awesome to see different companies making stuff for sleds.

Premium Features