• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

NEED HELP W/ MY 04 800 rmk!!

J

justinak907

Alright. First off, I got an 2004 800 rmk 144" VE. I'm having problems holding RPMs. Its only pulling about 7000 at full throttle. At about 5000-6000 it sort of bogs down a bit, then wont go over 7k. The checked the wieghts in the primary and there not sticking, clutches look like there in good shape all around, belts good. I previously had a coolant leak that caused a high temp SD a couple times. I put more coolant in and let the motor cool and it fired right up. I fixed the coolant leak, but now this is happening. I tried a temperature sensor bypass and that didn't seem to make a different. The motor is new and has great compression. Plugs look good. ANY IDEAS FOR ME TO TRY NEXT????? any feedback will be much appreciated.

How many miles on your clutches and are you sure you know what to look for for wear on a clutch?

Make sure the weights are not snagging the spider. You can't really see if this is happening witih the clutch on the machine, unless you get it opened up.

800rmk

The exhaust valves were opened up about 100 miles ago. I replaced both bellows with the upgraded ones, cleaned the valves and all internals real good. I havn't opened up since the problem started, but i will.

I used a prybar to close the primary some and the weights seem to be moving freely. Other then that, only visual while the clutches were still on the sled. Theres probably about 2K on the clutches.

try checking the compression high temp could have caused some damage like a ring to colapse
what weights are you pulling and at what alltitude

Are you in Kenai? Where were you riding at? I am betting with the temps have you are just jetted way too fat. What do you have in the motor and what pipe are you running?
Tim

The exhaust valves were opened up about 100 miles ago. I replaced both bellows with the upgraded ones, cleaned the valves and all internals real good. I havn't opened up since the problem started, but i will.

I used a prybar to close the primary some and the weights seem to be moving freely. Other then that, only visual while the clutches were still on the sled. Theres probably about 2K on the clutches.

So I assume 2K on the clutch weights also? The weight bushings only last about 2500 miles or so before they will start cutting into the spider.

Probably not the problem, but good to check. Check your secondary spring make sure its not broken.

Premium Features

Back