• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Need Help trying to pair my Baofeng to BCA

S
Mar 29, 2022
Bend, Oregon
I've been trying to program mine with the BCA channels. I can't get a connection with the USB cable to use chirp.

I think I've got the frequencies right, I can receive, but not transmit. Do I need to input the CTCSS codes also? Do I need to do anything else?

Thanks

Did you sort this out? My UV-5R can receive from the BCA but cannot transmit to the BCA.

TimG

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Alberta
Your BCA is using a sub channel (CTCSS code) then. Take the sub channel away and they should work.

TimG

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Alberta
You can’t program the ctcss codes on the baofengs to be whatever you want. They only have numbered ctcss presets. And as far as I know, they don’t match up with bca ctcss presets. I am up against the same thing with getting my baofengs to work with my mobile Motorolas.

Pickin’ Boogers

Lifetime Membership
Apr 5, 2013
You can’t program the ctcss codes on the baofengs to be whatever you want. They only have numbered ctcss presets. And as far as I know, they don’t match up with bca ctcss presets.
Not true. Baofengs use the actual frequency of privacy codes, though you might be programming them with presets. Use the attached frequency chart - BCA, Motorola, and other "family band" radios use the same frequencies for their presets.

Attachments

• Radio Frequencies BCA.pdf
    36 KB · Views: 11

Pickin’ Boogers

Lifetime Membership
Apr 5, 2013
Try programming it manually using the "frequency mode" and the BCA chart. If that works, then something is wrong with the "channel mode" programming that you've loaded.

Premium Features