• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Narrowed XP

S

swrev

Thought I'd post a few pics of my hacked up Turbo XP. I really did not like how wide the sled was so I decided to modify it.

I took off the outer running board extrusions, did some trimming, cut off the outer part of the footwell, made a new piece that insterted inside the extrusions(moved the footwell forward about 10" from stock XP), got a buddy to weld it all back together, pulled in the plastics, and then did some modification to some old/junk side panels to see how it all worked.

Works great. You can still lock your feet in to the footwell when standing on the running board or you can get way forward if you want when hanging off the side of the sled. Took off about 4" in width. W/out a turbo, it would be easy to go more than that and make an XP the narrowest bodied sled available. My sled is about 33" at the widest point. Can't remember what the Pro's are, but their bodies widen as the go up. Mine does not. I was comparing w/ the 880 that also has the narrow front and post forward, my sled is much easier to sidehill and does not want to point itself uphill.

xp side.jpg cut.JPG edge up close.JPG Narrow w edge.jpg Left side welded.jpg right side welded.jpg sidepanel,footwell.jpg

a couple more. I never took any pics after completing the project except for coming back down the hill to check on the old man on his 880.

narrowed panels.jpg Redneck sled lift.jpg sidehill.JPG

Premium Features

Back