• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Narrow handlebar + front bumper

J
Nov 13, 2015
Sweden
Just looking into some gadgets in the catalogue, seems like there is a new more narrow handlebar now finally. Question is if anyone have any more info?, how much more narrow etc.
Also noticed it is a new front bumper, Sentry, do you run this with the skid plate or will that be overkill, or even not fit? I have the Monarch now on the Axys and feels a bit overkill with the skid plate as well.

Reg2view

Lifetime Membership
Feb 1, 2010
Narrow handlebar is the std pro taper (pick your height), with ends cut off. Confirmed this with a poo accessory engineer I spoke with at the show. Makes sense, kinda, keeping the center bar the same. Going to run both the bumper and skid plate together on a Matryx, if it shows up.

Teth-Air

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Nov 27, 2007
Calgary AB/Nelson BC
www.specified.ca
Be careful with narrowing the bars. I had a RMK600 a few years back and I cut 1/2"-3/4" off each end of the bars and my whole riding group hated the feel of the sled after this. I was shocked how such a small change made the steering feel so much heavier due to loss of leverage.

zaasman

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Mar 11, 2019
Yukon
Be careful with narrowing the bars. I had a RMK600 a few years back and I cut 1/2"-3/4" off each end of the bars and my whole riding group hated the feel of the sled after this. I was shocked how such a small change made the steering feel so much heavier due to loss of leverage.

Also consider how you like to arrange your controls, specifically the brake lever. On my previous RMK I struggled to get the lever mounted far enough inboard and angled down how I like it. I had to get creative where it hits the crossbar clamp to get it to work. For me, narrowing the bars is a no-go for that reason alone. On the Matryx the issue is even worse with the new master cylinder, I'm unable to get it to suit me and will most likely ditch the pro-tapers all together.

Sheetmetalfab

Lifetime Membership
Oct 5, 2010
……..
Also consider how you like to arrange your controls, specifically the brake lever. On my previous RMK I struggled to get the lever mounted far enough inboard and angled down how I like it. I had to get creative where it hits the crossbar clamp to get it to work. For me, narrowing the bars is a no-go for that reason alone. On the Matryx the issue is even worse with the new master cylinder, I'm unable to get it to suit me and will most likely ditch the pro-tapers all together.
The bent center section is narrower on the burandt narrow bars for that reason.

Not poo accessory bars though.

Sheetmetalfab

Lifetime Membership
Oct 5, 2010
……..
Narrow handlebar is the std pro taper (pick your height), with ends cut off. Confirmed this with a poo accessory engineer I spoke with at the show. Makes sense, kinda, keeping the center bar the same. Going to run both the bumper and skid plate together on a Matryx, if it shows up.

Do we know if it just cut off from the outsides?, I was hoping not…

law.74

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Dec 16, 2017
FWIW my axys low rise bars finally showed up after ordering in July. Poo advertised them as 1" narrower than stock. They measure exactly the same width as the mid rise bars that came on the 2020 Khaos. Curious what these narrow matryx bars actually measure if they ever show up...

damx

Lifetime Membership
Feb 13, 2011
I'm sure someone that has a matrix on here could measure there bars and find out

Premium Features