• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

My XP 163 is running very good

167 miles and the XP is running very, very well...Maybe i just got lucky !!!!! No belt issues ( vents reduce heat ) clutch warm to the touch WFO pull after WFO pull after WFO pull.... No hand warmer issue's either, and with everything still stock excepts for clutch vents and pin weight adjustment, my XP continues to rock.....Put on 46 miles in 12" of fresh "Wyo Cold Smoke Snow" so far so good. :D

Snow is also starting to fill in down lower elevations. Rode just 10 minutes from home at between 8000 and 9000 feet..

0051.jpg

Last edited:
Bone stock primary and secondary, clicker #3 with an adjustment of 14.5 grams of pin weight at 8000 to 9000 feet. At 8100 rpm WFO boondocking or hillclimbing WFO the sled was really pulling consistant..... The R&M vents are without a dought the best clutch mod you can do for any Skidoo. Reducing clutch heat by what ever means really helps the TRA perform very well.

So far so good,

OT

OT my 163 all same with similar vents but 2.5 track and same results, the 2.5 track moves this light sled awesome. Just added a little pin weight and mega vents. Pull after pull 6500-8000ft.

Here's another tip...the closer you keep the sled to stock the more consistant the sled runs.....Someone is sure to flame me for that commment. :eek:

OT

I have kept my sled to stock with taking off some weight and I haven't had an issue with the belt...hand warmers, one works and one doesn't. Also, some time breaking a sled in before you hammer it might help too. imo But I only have 105 miles on it so far.

I had my maden voyage this Sat - 70 miles mainly trail and a couple hours off trail coming down from Two Top in Island Park.

No complaints, however I did get struck with one dead handwarmer about 10 miles from the truck. New ones on Monday.

How many times do you suppose they'll change those for me???

Same here Tit's

My 163 is working great so far. Only was able to get 35 mi on it today but vented, adjusted belt so it creeps on stand, added Dalton pins w/ 16gr., & stopped every 8-10 mi & could lay back of hand on both clutches - warm not hot at all. Wasn't pulling 1ft or more of pow though.
Side note, Tet's let me know when Gray's Valley gets a decent base. Itchin to get out to Alpine as soon as its worth the drive time.

Bone stock primary and secondary, clicker #3 with an adjustment of 14.5 grams of pin weight at 8000 to 9000 feet. At 8100 rpm WFO boondocking or hillclimbing WFO the sled was really pulling consistant..... The R&M vents are without a dought the best clutch mod you can do for any Skidoo. Reducing clutch heat by what ever means really helps the TRA perform very well.

So far so good,

OT

OT,
So I understand correctly, what is the actual amount of weight you are adding to the threaded pins to achieve 14.5 grams? Are you adding 2.1 grams worth of set screws to each pin?

Thanks!
-John

OT,
So I understand correctly, what is the actual amount of weight you are adding to the threaded pins to achieve 14.5 grams? Are you adding 2.1 grams worth of set screws to each pin?

Thanks!
-John

The sled from the dealership came setup with 12.5g's. I believe from the factory 10.5 is what there shipped with....I have a set of dalton Stainless Steel's 14g to 25g's. What i like best about them aside from there machining, is the weight is loaded to the center vs to one end. This ability to center the weight makes for better balance of each pin weight.

Depending on what your threaded pin weighs and what you set screws weigh will determine total pin weight. Types of metals will vary, not all threaded pins and set screws weigh the same. Using a scale to verify that each of the 3 pin's weigh the same would be important to know and not just rely on the sets screw itself.

I have 14g, 17g, 19g and 21g stainless steel threaded pins to play with which gives me an endless numbers of potential weights. Without a scale getting there correct weight wouldn't be possible....Lots of guy's tune there weight in 1/2 gram steps i can go 1/4 gram steps once i get a baseline established for fine tuning.

OT

Last edited:
Premium Features

Back