• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

My 2013-14 season... an epic fail!!!

machinest660

Lifetime Membership
Dec 7, 2008
Saskatchewan Canada
Well I just thought I would share the details of my loser season so far and hope others will chime in with theres and we can all have some good laughs. So Second week dec head to revelstoke, a 1300km one way drive for me, bend 3 spindles on my pro rmk but that I really can't complain about when you try to ride before there is enough snow to do so safely. Our second trip is just after Christmas, have two awesome days of riding then at the end of the second day my friends dad breaks his arm really bad( see broken bone in backcountry thread) and we rushed back to sask so he could go for surgery. End of Jan do another trip to revelstoke. the snow was extremely hard but hey it was still better than working but I ended up getting food poisoning after the first day of riding, tried riding the next two days but being unable to eat for two days I was so weak I could barely start my sled let alone ride it. Then our last trip here feb 14 was our BIG trip for the winter with 10 days of riding planned in revelstoke for 5 days then west yellowstone for another 5. Get to Revy just in time for the big snow storm to settle for a few days. First day out the deepest day of my life on sale mountain, armpit deep pow, but I hit a bump funny and sprained my left foot and have to go back to regina for a Ct scan after one day of riding. I left my sled and trailer with my friends who were there till friday so I didn't have to worry about pulling it home by myself. So with the season going the way it is and after putting on over 12000kms on my truck to ride for 7 days, plus all the hotel and food bills it turned out to be one very expensive season with minimal miles. Even when my foot does heal I am gonna be so paranoid to go on a trip wondering what else can go wrong. Not sure if I should call it quits for the season and wait and start over next year lol. Lets hear some other tough luck stories. thanks

Jay

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
Smithers, B.C.
Well that is a pretty bad season so far, no argument, but the best riding is in april and may, so maybe it can still turn around for you??

B
Dec 19, 2012
Leduc County, AB
luck is not with me this year. was in valemount weekend of dec 14-16. maybe 10' of snow in most places, the same weekend people were getting stuck going downhill in tits deep snow an hour and 1/2 down the road in mcbride up at renshaw. Then rode valemount feb 7-9 after having no fresh snow for almost 4 weeks. night after we left starting duping and they got pounded all week, i think 90cm throughout the week. still got to ride but have had bad luck with timing

Blk88GT

Westbound and down
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Winnipeg, Manitoba
2 years ago I drove by myself all the way to Island Park for it to rain every night. I stayed 3 days and went home. Should have been an 8 day trip.

So far this year I've got one trip, but I leave next week for BC!

plumnuts

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
Right side of Washington
how come every time you or your dad got hurt you drove all the way home for treatment? When we have been on a trip here in the US, got hurt we just go to the local urgent care or hospital and got treated... and those that could... kept playing

machinest660

Lifetime Membership
Dec 7, 2008
Saskatchewan Canada
how come every time you or your dad got hurt you drove all the way home for treatment? When we have been on a trip here in the US, got hurt we just go to the local urgent care or hospital and got treated... and those that could... kept playing

We did got to the hospital in revelstoke but both times they wanted to send us to Vernon which is 2.5 hrs in the opposite direction of home and still would have had to wait for surgery so we just went home where he lives only 1 hr away from getting his surgery done. We had his truck and his trailer so we all had to go home because there was no way he could have drove by himself. With me I went to the local hospital for x rays but they wanted to send me for a CT scan so once again said to go to vernon. With another storm coming in and the risk of hwys getting closed again I just drove home to where I am 1 hr away from the hospital, I left my trailer and sled so all the boys could keep on haven fun. Glad I left my sled to because one of the turbos seized motor so at least they had a spare sled. I was lucky it was my left foot so I was able to drive and wasn't on any wild pain killers.

Last edited:

POLZIN

Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
Farmington NM
After waiting most of the season for good snow I broke my arm ,was KO'ed and lost my front teeth(again) in a sled accident at last years CO forum ride. After that was the best snow of the season while I sat home recovering from Surgery.

machinest660

Lifetime Membership
Dec 7, 2008
Saskatchewan Canada
After waiting most of the season for good snow I broke my arm ,was KO'ed and lost my front teeth(again) in a sled accident at last years CO forum ride. After that was the best snow of the season while I sat home recovering from Surgery.

Thats rough wow, thanks for sharing :face-icon-small-hap

Premium Features