• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

MTNTK Performance New Product Release Part 2

I think "value" would be the most appropriate word. Looks like a sweet setup at a reasonable price. Hopefully your able to keep it at this price point for a little while for when I'm ready to do mine.

We will figure something out for you when the time comes.

I hate the mess under my hood from the oil tank on my turbo kit, everything else i like or can tolerate with my other brand 'kit'.

What I really like is MTN Techs idea on utilizing the stock oil tank and pump for oiling the turbo, then reintroducing the 2 stroke oil back into the fuel stream. Gets rid of the extra oil tank,pump,and mess it creates. Very innovative in my opinion. not sure if i like the shape of the exhaust can though(can't figure out where to put a muff pot) LOL

Thinking out loud here, looking for MTNTK to clarify....The stock oil pump is pushing X amount through, would they still be using the same amount of oil, if they just T off a line and redirect some to the turbo, and then back into the motor?

Thinking out loud here, looking for MTNTK to clarify....The stock oil pump is pushing X amount through, would they still be using the same amount of oil, if they just T off a line and redirect some to the turbo, and then back into the motor?

Yes.

Does the MTNTK kit come with gauges? Also, is there a website or more videos? The vids I keep seeing are on hardpack and sand - neither of which I care to ride on.

You would think with a brand new turbo system this year, these guys would be more responsive on the forums...

Hello?

Installing MTNTK Turbo's and Blow Holes

You would think with a brand new turbo system this year, these guys would be me responsive on the forums...

Hello?

We know MTNTK is busy building turbo's, they have been working round the clock building the next run of 100 turbo's to get them out the door. We just got another 5 today and installed them. I saw two crates being shipped out yesterday day and another 2 crates for tomorrow. I am sure they would love to spend time on the forums.

They came on the forums and made some pretty strong declarations with very little follow up. I understand they are busy making product, but from what I understand, they have been in testing for over two years and all I see are the same handful of videos with nothing in deep powder or customer sleds.

I guess if I am going to make a claim that a product is going to change the industry, I am going to have some marketing behind it.

Just my .02

cool cool i understand!

They came on the forums and made some pretty strong declarations with very little follow up. I understand they are busy making product, but from what I understand, they have been in testing for over two years and all I see are the same handful of videos with nothing in deep powder or customer sleds.

I guess if I am going to make a claim that a product is going to change the industry, I am going to have some marketing behind it.

Just my .02

I just went and rode with MTNTK today on turbo's..........................................................,............
And wow I am really speachless I was expecting a day of ride and a stop and tune and go another 200 yards and tune. But I just hopped on and never looked back put on 50 miles with a grin on my face.
Happy happy happy

I just went and rode with MTNTK today on turbo's..........................................................,............
And wow I am really speachless I was expecting a day of ride and a stop and tune and go another 200 yards and tune. But I just hopped on and never looked back put on 50 miles with a grin on my face.
Happy happy happy

Hi ... So any video of MTNTK in action on the 2014/13 Pro?

Thats great you had a good day on the turbos, but you were selling these with the assumption there was going to be that many tuning issues? Have you been on this turbo during testing last season?

Thats great you had a good day on the turbos, but you were selling these with the assumption there was going to be that many tuning issues? Have you been on this turbo during testing last season?
Yea no kidding. Sounds like he is amazed, that he didnt tune all day.

Happy happy happy
So how does the automatic, non electric, boost control work?

So how does the automatic, non electric, boost control work?

when i seen it at the show, it reminded me of the wastegate control linkage on my silber set up. it looks to be a mechanical diaphragm that senses atmospheric pressure and controls something in the turbo. i am not familiar with that style of turbo to speculate any further.

it would make sense if there were no mechanical boost control knob, set spring tension to get say 6 lbs boost at the truck have your clutching bang on. then as you go up or down the diaphragm adjusts the boost up or down to keep the clutching working like it was tuned. I may be out to lunch on the way my brain is seeing this. (my opinion only from what i seen)

Last edited:
Happy happy happy

Glad to hear. Any videos? After years of testing I would expect there to be very little tuning.......

I'm not trying to be a p rick, but I am looking to buy a turbo in the next few weeks and this was a kit I was interested in. For 5k I need way more information and videos of real riding before I spend that.

Maiden voyage on my Mtntk turbo

Finally got out for the first ride on my Mtntk turbo yesterday and i was very impressed! It screamed right out the door, It felt like the sled had already been broken in. As the day went on i could feel the motor and turbo getting more and more responsive as to be expected during break in. Very happy that all i had to do was fill it up with gas & oil like normal and ride! VERY Crisp and smooth, almost scary fast at full throttle!

Soon as i get some more miles on it and some better snow i will post some video of what it can do! Pray for snow!!!

2013-11-22_15-19-06_772.jpg

Blown out! wow

Thanks it was a great ride!

Well I was speaking for the whole group when I was talking about riding a MTNTK turbo and not having to tune on it all day. Yes it was an awesome ride last year during testing as well. And yes it did run great last year.

No assumptions here.
It was a good ride and just another confirmation of how good this turbo works.
Anyways anybody that is interested in this turbo don't wait this turbo is the real deal.

Let it snow!

Premium Features

Back