• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

MTNTK Performance 3' tunnel cooler install

S
Oct 23, 2008
ak/mn
Hello all,

I own a 2012 Pro RMK 600 and have always struggled to keep this sled cool when spring temps start arriving. I have even struggled to keep this thing cool when it is 10F outside. Anywho, my dad owns a standard rmk 600 and was always amazed at how much cooler his sled ran than mine. The PRO RMK doesn't have the bulk head cooler installed for weight savings and this is why my sled would always run so much hotter. Finally got sick of it and decided to fix it.

I ordered up the 3' tunnel cooler from MTNTK Performance and the difference is night and day!!!!!!!! Drove it around yesterday, temps were in the 50Fs and once the Tstat opened she hung right around that 127-129F mark!!!!!!!!! Previously it would have been easily in the 150-160 range!!!

I highly recommend this for any PRO RMK struggling to keep your engine cool. I really think Polaris left a lot on the table for the cooling system on these sleds. If you have an 800, you may want to look at the 5' option. For my little 600, the 3' is adequate.

IMG_3297[1].JPG

BILTIT

Premium Member
Apr 9, 2011
Lloydminster, SK
The remote bypass tstat makes a huge difference also, will bring your temps down even further.

Sent from my SM-A530W using Tapatalk

sledhed

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Dec 19, 2001
Lolo, Montana
So, I have a mtntek 3 foot cooler sitting on the shelf as I have been a bit intimidated by the install... hate pulling suspension and track and driveshaft out, hate dealing with draining coolant and the mess it can make... Did you pull the suspension completely out and track out, or just drop it down to get enough room to work?

M
Feb 26, 2018
It can be done with the driveshaft still in but I took my track and driveshaft out and I’m glad I did!!! To install the cooler you have to put some fairly large holes into the tunnel. These holes are right above the driveshaft and track and they can be kind of “tricky” to put in. If you have the proper tools then it shouldn’t be a problem. I also liked having the track out of the way when it came to mounting the cooler. Measure 5 times, drill once was my philosophy. Installing the cooler was not an easy task but the time installing the cooler is well worth it when you see your temps staying so low!!!! Now, I wonder if it’s to low, lol.

BILTIT

Premium Member
Apr 9, 2011
Lloydminster, SK
Never too low. I run 98 in the fields/ditches, 105-113 when in the mountains WOT.

Sent from my SM-A530W using Tapatalk

M
Feb 26, 2018
With the addition of putting in the Skidoo external thermostat (which opens at 99 degrees, compared to the stocker that opens at 120) I too am now seeing my temps from 98 to 104 degrees. Even on a 38 degree day, she stayed at 104. Well worth the time and effort!!!!

F

freight_train

Sep 16, 2010
With the by pass on my 14 pro with a big bore as long as there’s snow always right around 100

Premium Features