• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

MotoTrax Snowbike kit

If you don't have anything nice to say....

So I am new to this, been snowmobiling for 30 plus years, half of which was spent trying to make sleds perform better off trail.

I bought a 2 moto first, and snowchecked a LT 2016 timbersled. So I wont be in the market for one of these.

That said.... I envision that most of the haters are in a similar category to the of the same overweight slobs I see pounding beers on poker runs racing their busted a$$ SRX 700 or Mach Z from corner to corner, nit picking each others sleds to pieces.

Maybe you do not match the description above, but when you use a social media mechanism to broadcast vague speculations about a product that you have not used yet.... well, you just make yourself look dumb.

Communicate like a big boy or girl and maybe we wil think you have something relevant to offer.

Hence forth, If you do not have anything nice to say, then say it in a contructive manner.

Just a thought but in the above pic it looks like a track stabber from hell. Similar to snowhawk rails they are too short on the front. Anyone agree?

Yea, there is a lot of unsupported track between the rail tip and the drivers. Definitley needs anti stab wheels like cat put on couple years ago.

So I am new to this, been snowmobiling for 30 plus years, half of which was spent trying to make sleds perform better off trail.

I bought a 2 moto first, and snowchecked a LT 2016 timbersled. So I wont be in the market for one of these.

That said.... I envision that most of the haters are in a similar category to the of the same overweight slobs I see pounding beers on poker runs racing their busted a$$ SRX 700 or Mach Z from corner to corner, nit picking each others sleds to pieces.

Maybe you do not match the description above, but when you use a social media mechanism to broadcast vague speculations about a product that you have not used yet.... well, you just make yourself look dumb.

Communicate like a big boy or girl and maybe we wil think you have something relevant to offer.

Hence forth, If you do not have anything nice to say, then say it in a contructive manner.

That seems like it was directed at n16hts and I'd say that you missed the mark by a mile. I can vouch for him and I trust him when he says that he's buried the ski and gone over the bars. He was one of the guys that I saw out in the mountains just about time I got out last year and I know he was out a lot more than that too. He's also generous enough with his bike to let random strangers give it a shot when they ask about it.

I agree that positive feedback will go a lot further than complaints but either way of presenting info to the mfgr is more productive than silently buying the other kits without saying why.

That seems like it was directed at n16hts and I'd say that you missed the mark by a mile. I can vouch for him and I trust him when he says that he's buried the ski and gone over the bars. He was one of the guys that I saw out in the mountains just about time I got out last year and I know he was out a lot more than that too. He's also generous enough with his bike to let random strangers give it a shot when they ask about it.

I agree that positive feedback will go a lot further than complaints but either way of presenting info to the mfgr is more productive than silently buying the other kits without saying why.

Seemed like a good idea at the time... now that I re-read everything me thinks I spoke a bit harsh.

Thanks for calling me out so nicely.

a jestful criticism came off the wrong way. I mean no ill will. I will show my opinion with a sawzall and 16 inches of float..

upload_-1.jpg

upload_-1.jpg

Last edited:
That looks just like what i want to do to my timbersled ski!
No more buried to the handlebars off drops for me.:face-icon-small-con

All is good n16ht5. It can be difficult to interpret the tone of a post without hearing the guy say it or knowing the guy.
OK back to business. What material did you use to make your ski and where did you get. I want to make a ski for a different project I’m doing, but I don’t want to be spending a lot of money. I’m cheap and ride snow bikes to save money.
biggrin1.gif

I've got one and my buddy has a yeti he said that if my friends are looking for a track tell them to get the moto trax. It is a way more limble from side to side and the suspension is just like a monoshock, preloaded jumps and loves to catwalk up hills .Mines on a ktm 450 sxf 2016

Premium Features

Back