• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Motor swap

I was wondering if any body has swaped out a 2005 440 with a 800 out of like a 02 through 05 rmk. Just wondering how many opions and things you have to do to make fit. What are some of the pipe makers that are an option for this swap

Many have done that with great results. There is a lengthy thread over on hcs detailing the conversion here's the bullet points. I've built 3.

Use the Power addiction racing motor plate / carb boots. You will have to cut the ft lower crossmember and lower it. Also will have to cut out on the pto side and the mag side if you want oil injection.

Not many pipes out there but Niels power pipes makes some very nice ones. An edge or slp pipe can be cut and fit.

It's a big process. I wouldn't recommend it if you don't have a bit of fabrication skills.

The motor is really only the beginning. Depending how you want the fled set up you will Lilkely change almost every system on the sled to get it right. You will also have about as much in it as a new or slightly used pro that is just as good and set up factory.

Thouroughly discouraged??

Really these sleds are awesome. They're not for everyone. If you
Like wrenching and having something unique.

IQR 2011 front pic.jpg

IQR 2011 engine pic.jpgWith hankholson on this one!!

I have a 08 thats had the 600r (factory), built to a CFI 800, Cat D&D 720 race motor, and now a RV 670 built out to a 720.

All a waste of money but its my hobby. And they rip when i am done with it.

I have the only cat green/black/white IQR that i know and seen so far. ;)

Pictures above are with the Cat motor in it.

Last edited:
I was wondering if any body has swaped out a 2005 440 with a 800 out of like a 02 through 05 rmk. Just wondering how many opions and things you have to do to make fit. What are some of the pipe makers that are an option for this swap

I have 02 800 BB VES in my 07 600 MOD, went with PAR plate and SLP race twins that i had to cut and fit. PAR also sell drop in custom fit Crank Shop twins for $850.

Mine has a 155" extension with a 2011 Pro skid and track, drop and roll with 3.0 drivers, and a 910 Carl's cycle motor in it. SLP twins fit great. ImageUploadedByTapatalk1361901748.685037.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1361901855.998684.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1361901880.297554.jpg

zone - tell me more about your drop and roll? DIY or did you use a kit for a edge?

These sleds as mtn converts are awesome but a lot of work. I want to try a pro skid in mine next.

Older pic of my 800, 155"...

photo (4).jpg

Pro skid was huge. 25lbs less than my racer skid with extensions. I can tell the proshocks aren't nearly as good as the racer. I got a set if the HD raptor triple rate springs and that's a good improvement. I'm going to revalve them this summer and run a heavier fluid and it'll be dialed.

image.jpg

I put in 03 800 VES in my 05 IQR that had a 797 in it. I know its not the same as the 440 but its pretty similar. It came with SLP RACE twins but i had to mod them a bit. I used the 440 motor straps and custom welded a bend to clear the VES valve and spark plug on the clutch side of the motor. I took about 100 pictures and have them up on a build thread i did on this site. I did not have to cut any bulkhead on the clutch side to clear anything, but i am running oil injection and cut about a 2"x1" section on the mag side bulkhead. I reinforced that and had it welded. Im running air pods with Power addiction carb adapters. I put a 146x2.5 on the stock skid with 144 ice age rails and avid anti ratchets mounted back and down about 3/4" Im also running all stock shocks re-valved to my liking and front shortened 2". Im running a 43" front end and i recommend going to a narrower front if your a mtn guy. Check out my build, you'll get the idea. This was my first sled build.

Premium Features

Back