• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Monster Dollys

phatties super shop

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Dec 6, 2008
Driveable Dollys for Snowbikes now available! 10" rubber wheels cover rough terrain, solid aluminum frame and grade 8 bolts for durability, heavy duty ratchet strap hold ski in place. Made by Phatties Motorsport Products LLC. Call 509-674-3890 to order. Approximately 2 weeks shipping time.

Monster Dolly 004.jpg Monster Dolly 005.jpg Monster Dolly 006.jpg Monster Dollys 011.jpg

T

thejean

Jan 17, 2013
And one other question, can these take the drop off the back of the truck? Would be a pain to have to take them off to unload.

X
Oct 6, 2010
Seems Fair !

I have built 2 set of Dollies Since Timbersled had been Out of stock when I was ready to order.

1 set Harbor Freight Wheels with modified Hubs and sealed bearings.
1 set Land board Wheels with bearing Spacers.(Timbersled style wheels)

What I have learned:

- Suitable dollies for under $600 is a bargain!
- The Harbor freight wheels bend when you drop them out of the Truck.
- The Aluminum Hub land board wheels are over $50 a piece. ($300 for 6)
-The harbor freight wheels are great for loading using a tri-fold ramp and can float across rough terrain.
-Harbor freight 10" wheels need to be modified with sealed bearings and hub bearing spacers for trail use.
- The 7" wheels are my Favorite for tail use allot lighter and not so tall.
- The taller the Dollie the harder it is to control the MH down the trail.
- I also prefer my raised axle design with the 7" wheels.

In my opinion,
The sealed bearings are a must for many trouble free miles of getting onto snow.

The wheels in this thread should be fine for transport but for long runs with the current design would cause me concern.

To be Fair the Timbersled dollies also cause me concern.

Hope this helps some of you!:face-icon-small-coo
Knobbies or Tracks , XR650Ryder

M
Mar 14, 2012
Forgive my ignorance but why would you want to have those wheels going down the trail. Inst a tire much easier to use, beings thats what its for. Maybe I should build a rack for the back of the MH so that you can haul your front tire. Then just swap it off when the snow is deep enough. Thats what I used to do. Way nicer and you can turn. Also cheaper being you should already own a nice front wheel.

off road rider

SnoWest Paid Sponsor
Premium Member
Jan 2, 2008
Kent Wa
Forgive my ignorance but why would you want to have those wheels going down the trail. Inst a tire much easier to use, beings thats what its for. Maybe I should build a rack for the back of the MH so that you can haul your front tire. Then just swap it off when the snow is deep enough. Thats what I used to do. Way nicer and you can turn. Also cheaper being you should already own a nice front wheel.

I think the intent is just for moving around with no snow, like in your garage.
For me I just rail it in the dirt, Up at Baker early or late season, its not uncommon to ride for miles in the dirt before you get to the snow. fun no, but doable.. absolutely.

T
Mar 9, 2012
I think the intent is just for moving around with no snow, like in your garage.
For me I just rail it in the dirt, Up at Baker early or late season, its not uncommon to ride for miles in the dirt before you get to the snow. fun no, but doable.. absolutely.

??????? Ride for miles in the dirt...?? How does that effect the ski and track kit? Isnt that pretty hard on it? I'm curious what adverse affects you see??

R

Rush44

Nov 26, 2007
Flathead Valley, MT
??????? Ride for miles in the dirt...?? How does that effect the ski and track kit? Isnt that pretty hard on it? I'm curious what adverse affects you see??

As long as you keep your speed down and don't melt your hifax (you won't be hauling *** on gravel only anyways) there is really only damage to your center carbide on the new ski. I consider this to be a yearly replacement item anyways but the new version might hold up better off snow than last years. No real damage to the track as long as you aren't spinning out constantly and trying to climb rocky bare ground. We ride all the way into June around here and I spend a lot of time riding gravel in May/June for sometimes several miles.

CATSLEDMAN1

Premium Member
Nov 27, 2007
Missoula, Montana
hello dolly

built the typical slide under the ski dolly for my old bike. Problem was the gymnastics you go through when you are by yourself and trying to get the dolly in place.

New model goes over top. Tighten the screws and suck the ski up off the floor and ride away, takes a few more minutes but way easier, old dolly headed for dump.

11 11 13  ski dolly blue.JPG

Chadx

♫ In the pow again. Just can't wait to get in..
Lifetime Membership
Feb 2, 2010
Bozeman, MT
built the typical slide under the ski dolly for my old bike. Problem was the gymnastics you go through when you are by yourself and trying to get the dolly in place.

New model goes over top. Tighten the screws and suck the ski up off the floor and ride away, takes a few more minutes but way easier, old dolly headed for dump.

Catsledman,
Would be interested in seeing more pics of this concept in action and hearing more details. Thanks.

CATSLEDMAN1

Premium Member
Nov 27, 2007
Missoula, Montana
wheel'n along

I use this setup to roll my bike back out of the garage/ walk it over to the truck etc.

Ridin'n dirt so far its smoking plastic, don't like that. I can always take the bike to snow. If I wanted to ride a mile or two to dirt, putting on the front tire I think makes the most sense. Just not easy for two guys to change tires to ski when you get to the snow.

Pretty akward riding the bike with the four little wheels up front, I didn't built it for riding.

L
Oct 13, 2012
TBsled wheel kit is awesome ,quick on and off easy to ride on nasty dirt,a must have for loading into the truck and shop,makes it super easy.for what you get, it’s a bargain.

Premium Features