• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Mid-West Riders Here Is A Chance To Go West

jmom

Lifetime Membership
Feb 5, 2009
Riders from MI, MN, OH, IL, IN, WI, MN, MID-West and East, join our club and take an adventure out west.

2014 Winter Trips Are Estimated To Cost $895 Per Person with Hotel Lodging, Meals and Shared Transportation Cost INCLUDED(you and your sled) .

Departing from Michigan and picking up riders along our route.

Take your own sled in our custom triple decked trailer. Rentals are available at each location too.

The trips are 5 1/2 days/5 nights on location in Montana, Idaho or Wyoming.

PM me here or Email me at momsmotorsports@hotmail.com

More information at MomsMotorSports.Com

See current availability HERE.

Maps, Destination Lodging and Area Information, Click Here

If you have questions about setting up your sled to ride 8,000-10,000 ft elevation, PM me.

Below you will find;
Availability
Check In and Out Dates
Destination
Route and Origin For Pickups Along The Way

ROOM FOR 2
Jan 19th-24th
Island Park, Idaho
MI, IN, IL, WI, MN, ND - I-90, I-94
---------------------------------------------
ROOM FOR 12
Feb 2nd-7th
Island Park, Idaho
U.P.-MI, WI, MN, ND - I-94
----------------------------------------------
ROOM FOR 10
Feb 17th-21st
Togwotee Pass, Wyoming
MI, IN, IL, IA, NE, SD - I-80, I-90
ROOM FOR 10
Feb 23rd-27th
Big Horns, Wyoming
IN, IL, MN, WI, SD I-90, I-94
Semi availble for group sled transportation, you fly or meet us there
Mar 1st-6th
Togwotee Pass, Wyoming
WI, MN, SD - I-90
ROOM FOR 5
Mar 16th-21st Island Park, Idaho
MI, IN, IL, WI, MN, SD, ND - I-90, I-94
FULL
Mar 30th-April 3rd Snowy Range, Wyoming
MI, IN, IL, IA, NE - I-80
ROOM FOR 17
Apr 7th-11th
Cooke City, Montana
MI, IN, IL, WI, MN, SD, ND - I-90, I-94

Moms' custom built extended sleeper RV is paired with a tripple decked trailer. This RV is capable of accommodating 14 passengers and 26 snowmobiles, quads, motorcycles, even add your car or truck. Plus bring along all your gear, tools and spare parts. Featuring 2 queen beds, 2 double beds, 2 tv's, a dvd player and surround sound, plus eight bench seats and three captains chairs for seating. The RV has enough leg room for the whole crew on long road trips to premier destinations. We also have a 16 passanger cargo van for overflow riders, plus an additional double decked trailer to accommodate another 26 sleds if needed.

photo.php

jmom

Lifetime Membership
Feb 5, 2009
If you are thinking about taking a trip out west, follow this thread for information and photos on what you could expect.

This week we have 15 Flatlanders in Cooke City, Montana from MI, AND IN.
After leaving Michigan on Friday, upon our arrival on Saturday evening, everyone was ready for a cozy bed at the Super 8. Preparing for a great week of riding, Sunday started off with breakfast at the popular Bear Claw Bakery. As we waited for the temperatures to break 0, we enjoyed Terri's coffee brewed with a hint of chocolate and peppermint.

The single digit temperatures have slowed us down, but only a little bit. After 2 days of riding and exploring the area around town the report is considerable avalanche conditions, fresh snow blown into pocketed areas by massive winds, and plenty of areas to explore with a fairly firm base.

The avalanche report from avalanche.org is as follows.

The Bridger Range and mountains around Cooke City possess a slightly different scenario. These areas have a deeper and stronger snow-pack, but received heavier amounts of snow and wind over the past week. While faceted layers are not as widespread, they have made their presence known with some large natural and human triggered avalanches. Cooke City has also seen recent avalanche activity. On Saturday, skiers observed natural avalanches on Mt. Republic and Mt. Henderson. A large slide was also seen on Scotch Bonnet Mountain near Lulu Pass. While the snow-pack takes time to adjust – human triggered avalanches remain likely and avalanche danger is rated CONSIDERABLE.

Head Wall Seat.jpg Kev Trees.jpg 1ST Poo Stuck.jpg

Jeff C

Lifetime Membership
Jul 4, 2001
Mahtomedi, MN
Darn:

I would have been interested in a trip March 7-16th time frame.......

Figures.....

Last edited:

jmom

Lifetime Membership
Feb 5, 2009
The snow has been spitting here in the norther rocky region. The next trip to Island Park should be great with new snow on the horizon. Here are a couple more photos of flatlanders riding out west this week in Cooke.

SANY0002.jpg SANY0009.jpg kev deep klim sticker.jpg wayne weak side hill.jpg overlook.jpg warm hut.jpg

P
Mar 2, 2011
Very often I have trouble finding friends who can go out west to ride. It's always something, free time doesn't line up, money problems, or just plain old commitment issues. So I am wondering, If I jump on with you guys alone, am I going to have someone other guys on your truck to ride with? If so, you guys could be a great resource for me to take many more trips out west

jmom

Lifetime Membership
Feb 5, 2009
Very often I have trouble finding friends who can go out west to ride. It's always something, free time doesn't line up, money problems, or just plain old commitment issues. So I am wondering, If I jump on with you guys alone, am I going to have someone other guys on your truck to ride with? If so, you guys could be a great resource for me to take many more trips out west

These are club/group trips where everybody is 'on there own' for the day. We do not set up groups or guide. There are guides available at each location. PM me if you want contact information for guide services. When riding out in the RV or Van, you will get to know a few of the guys and depending on your riding style, personality and riding preferences you will find someone to ride with. Many of our members have joined as 'single' riders and have ended up riding out west numerous times, making a number of friends/riding partners.

jmom

Lifetime Membership
Feb 5, 2009
Late January Update; Mid-west Riders Invade Island Park, Idaho

This week we have 25 sleds and heads riding the area. Riders are from MI, IN, WI, MN, and OR.

The forecast has been spring like for the last 2 days with day time temperatures in the high 30's and overnight temps plummeting to single digits. The snow has a bit of rot from the sun and high temps. Above 8,000 the snow has kept a decent base despite the high temps and sun. Our groups have covered a great amount of the area including Jefferson, Black Canyon, Mesa Falls, Cave Falls, and West Yellowstone. Everyone is having a blast and enjoying the spring like weather, getting sun tan and catching stunning mountain views.

Here are a couple of shots from the mountain views, scroll to next posts for more photos..

The avalanche forecast from Avalanche.org

Under clear skies mountain temperatures are in the low 20s with westerly winds blowing 20-30 mph. Today will be sunny and warm with temperatures reaching the mid-30s. Skies will become partly cloudy tonight and winds will increase ahead of a cold front pushing through on Wednesday. No snowfall is expected in the next 24 hours, but scattered snow showers may tease us tomorrow.
Snowpack and Avalanche Discussion:

No snow, no wind-loading and no natural avalanche activity. There’s a correlation here: the weak facets at the ground are not getting stressed with a load which is giving the snowpack a rest. However, the sugary, weak facets are still there and they’re still a problem. On steep, rocky, thinly covered slopes skiers and riders can still trigger avalanches. Mark and Eric found this north of Bridger Bowl in Dogleg Chute on Friday when a cornice drop released the gully below (photo, video). On Sunday in the Lionhead area, a snowmobiler triggered a slide on a wind-loaded slope. It was estimated to be 150 feet wide and broke on facets near the ground (photo). Facets are on most slopes and will continue to be a headache for some time to come. Eric wisely explains the situation in this video he made Saturday on Yellow Mountain near Big Sky.

As backcountry users it’s important to note that we are solidly in the realm of human triggering. Signs of instability are not obvious and stability test results are wobbly and unreliable…they are showing stable results when it’s not with more frequency. Both skiers and snowmobilers are occasionally triggering slides. For today, the avalanche danger is rated MODERATE.

The weather forecast from NOAA
A 20 percent chance of snow after 11am. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 35. Wind chill values as low as zero. Light and variable wind.
Tonight A 20 percent chance of snow showers before 11pm. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 3. Wind chill values as low as -7. North wind 3 to 8 mph.
Thursday Mostly sunny, with a high near 29. Wind chill values as low as
-7. North northeast wind around 6 mph becoming calm in the morning.
Thursday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 2. Calm wind.
Friday Mostly sunny, with a high near 33. Calm wind.
Friday Night Patchy freezing fog. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 7.
Saturday Widespread haze. Mostly sunny, with a high near 32.
Saturday Night Patchy freezing fog. Partly cloudy, with a low around 10.
Sunday Widespread haze. Mostly sunny, with a high near 32.
Sunday Night Patchy freezing fog. Partly cloudy, with a low around 11.

SANY0002.jpg SANY0003.jpg SANY0010.jpg SANY0012.jpg SANY0017.jpg SANY0022.jpg SANY0023.jpg

jmom

Lifetime Membership
Feb 5, 2009
Yesterday, the mountains returned to 'normal' temperatures with a little bit of fresh snow falling through the after noon. We managed to find untouched meadows, miles of logging roads and some decent tree riding despite most of the popular riding areas being heavily tracked.

Avalanche.Org Forecast
Yesterday’s storm delivered only 1-3 inches of new snow with a little more falling south of Bozeman in Hyalite Canyon. With the snow came colder air and this morning temperatures were in the teens and single digits F. Winds were blowing all around the compass averaging 10 mph gusting to 15 mph. Sunny skies will return today. Winds may increase just a little and high temperatures should reach the mid to upper 20s F.

Yesterday my partner and I toured in the Bridger Range in the trees low on Saddle Peak and the day before we were in the northern part of the range near Frazier Lake. The snowpack is generally 4-5 feet deep and dense. The main concern is a layer of facets about a foot above the ground. In many places, like meadows where we typically dig snowpits, this layer has gained a lot of strength and often does not break in stability tests. The problem is that it remains weak in many of the steep and rocky avalanche starting zones. This layer is slowly gaining strength, but I don’t trust it much at the moment.

In other areas south of Bozeman, near Big Sky and near West Yellowstone, this layer remains weak on most slopes and also exists about a foot above the ground. The last reported avalanche on this layer was a snowmobile triggered slide on Lionhead on Sunday (photo). Without the stress of new snow or wind-blown snow during the last week, avalanches have gotten harder to trigger, and today’s new snow and light winds shouldn’t change the situation. For today, with a layer of weak facets lingering in the snowpack, triggering an avalanche is possible making the avalanche danger MODERATE.

NOAA Weather Forecast
Sunny, with a high near 29. Wind chill values as low as -10. North northeast wind 8 to 13 mph becoming light in the afternoon. Winds could gust as high as 21 mph.
Tonight Mostly clear, with a low around 2. Light and variable wind.
Friday Mostly sunny, with a high near 32. Wind chill values as low as -6. Light and variable wind becoming south around 5 mph in the afternoon.
Friday Night Patchy freezing fog. Partly cloudy, with a low around 5. Light and variable wind.
Saturday Widespread haze. Mostly sunny, with a high near 33. Light and variable wind becoming south southwest around 5 mph in the afternoon.
Saturday Night Patchy freezing fog. Partly cloudy, with a low around 9.
Sunday Widespread haze. Mostly sunny, with a high near 30.
Sunday Night Patchy freezing fog. Partly cloudy, with a low around 8.
Monday Widespread haze. Mostly sunny, with a high near 31.

SANY0028.jpg SANY0030.jpg SANY0033.jpg SANY0026.jpg

jmom

Lifetime Membership
Feb 5, 2009
Winter is coming back to Island Park, ID.

This week we are back in IP with 14 Flatlanders from MI and WI. . We rolled in on Saturday afternoon. Unburying our sleds was a good sign. There was about 8 inches to a foot at the lodge since our departure last week. The mountain offered some good news too as our tracks from last week have disappeared and so have everyone elses. The snow came in on Sunday and we woke up this morning to some super fluff here at 6500.

Stay tuned this week for some great powder shots, if we can see.

The weather forecast from NOAA looks promising too. Winter weather advisory :eek:

SNOWFALL AMOUNTS...3 TO 6 INCHES IN THE VALLEYS AND AROUND 8
INCHES IN THE MOUNTAINS.

* WINDS...SOUTH 10-20 MPH THIS AFTERNOON...BECOMING NORTHERLY AT
20-35 MPH OVERNIGHT.

* LOCATIONS INCLUDE...DUBOIS...ISLAND PARK... ST. ANTHONY...EDIE
RANCH...MONIDA PASS...ASHTON HILL... TARGHEE PASS...RAYNOLDS
PASS AND PINE CREEK PASS.

Snowpack and Avalanche Discussion from Avalanche.Org

Last week I talked with people who went road biking, rock climbing and golfing – what a difference a week can make. Now we’re back in the heart of winter with plenty of fresh snow and sub-zero temperatures. The return to winter has made for great skiing and riding conditions, but has also elevated the avalanche danger.

Today, the primary avalanche concern will be wind loaded slopes. Overnight winds increased out of the west-southwest. With plenty of fresh snow available for transport, wind slabs likely formed on leeward slopes. Stronger winds stay confined to upper elevations, which likely loaded alpine starting zones and slopes below ridgelines. Fresh wind slabs will easily fail under the weight of a skier or rider.

A trickier avalanche problem today will be persistent slabs. The mid-January dry spell formed a thin layer of near surface facets or surface hoar on many slopes. This persistent weak layer is now capped by over a foot of fresh snow. Fortunately, you only have to dig 1-2 feet below the surface to assess the strength and distribution of this layer. Cracking, collapsing and recent avalanche activity are obvious clues buried weak layers are present.

The monster in the basement is a layer of facets about a foot off the ground. This layer can be found on most slopes and still holds the potential to produce large and destructive avalanches. Although this layer has gained strength over the past few weeks, it still can’t be trusted.

Today, human triggered avalanches are likely on wind loaded slopes and slopes steeper than 35 degrees which have a CONSIDERABLE avalanche danger. All other slopes have a MODERATE avalanche danger

SANY0008.jpg SANY0010.jpg SANY0011.jpg

jmom

Lifetime Membership
Feb 5, 2009
Old man winter is back.

Fresh snow, fresh snow and cold temperatures in Island Park. This weeks group of riders lucked out, it dumped. The great dump dropped 2-3 ft depending on where you visit in the range. The snowtell was showing 24 inches Sunday and Monday. The wind has been wicked, drifting, packing and loading the snow in pockets on the mountain.

The weather forecast from NOAA

Today A 40 percent chance of snow, mainly after 11am. Mostly cloudy and cold, with a high near 1. Wind chill values as low as -32. North northeast wind 5 to 10 mph becoming light and variable in the morning. Total daytime snow accumulation of less than a half inch possible.
Tonight A 20 percent chance of snow before 11pm. Mostly cloudy, with a low around -27. Wind chill values as low as -42. North northeast wind 5 to 9 mph.
Thursday A 20 percent chance of snow. Mostly cloudy and cold, with a high near 4. Wind chill values as low as -44. Calm wind becoming southwest 5 to 7 mph in the afternoon.
Thursday Night A 20 percent chance of snow. Cloudy, with a low around -18. Wind chill values as low as -27. Light and variable wind.
Friday Snow likely. Cloudy, with a high near 19. Light and variable wind becoming south southwest 6 to 11 mph in the afternoon. Winds could gust as high as 20 mph. Chance of precipitation is 70%. New snow accumulation of 1 to 3 inches possible.

Avalanche Forecast from Avalanche.Org

Although winds are calm, in the past 36 hours they were variable and erratic and created soft slabs near the ridgelines (photo, photo). These slabs were reactive to ski cuts and yesterday skiers (obviously training to be polar explorers) triggered three avalanches outside Cooke City in the new snow (photo). The slides were breaking on a layer of facets that formed during the two weeks of dry weather. Eric was in Cooke City last Friday and Saturday and found this layer 12”-18” under the surface (video). My snowpit on Monday above Hebgen Lake revealed the facets without much effort: I just dug down two feet and uncovered a stripe of them across my pit wall (video). These are breaking clean in our stability tests, and more importantly, a few small slopes around Lionhead avalanched Monday night from a snowcat grooming the trails.

It’s easy to think that nothing is happening with the snowpack because it’s cold and we are all hunkered down inside. This would be a mistake. The few hours of moderate winds created wind slabs, people triggered slides on the buried facets and the low density surface snow is becoming weaker by the day from the frigid temperatures. The snowpack is dynamic even when we are not.

The layer of small-grained facets that got buried seven days ago is found throughout our entire advisory area and is our primary avalanche concern. A few slopes are wind-loaded and have heightened instability. Underlying the entire snowpack is our secondary concern: large, sugary facets. We have not had avalanche activity on this layer in 10 days, but we would be foolish and negligent to forget about it. I recommend staying off of anything wind-loaded and that you take a couple minutes to dig 1-2 feet under the surface to see if the upper weak layer is there before playing in avalanche terrain. Human triggered avalanches in the last 48 hours are evidence that this layer is unstable. For today, the avalanche danger is rated CONSIDERABLE on any wind-loaded slope or any slope steeper than 35 degrees. All other slopes have a MODERATE danger.

IP DEEP.jpg IMG_20140204_120355_109.jpg IMG_20140204_120346_706.jpg steve trees.jpg

jmom

Lifetime Membership
Feb 5, 2009
Well, these Dootalkers have nailed it.....

This week we have a few Dootalkers with Flatlanders from NY, CT, PA, WI, MN, and MI. There are 21 of us at Lava Mountain Lodge and Wilderness Boundary Restaurant on Togwotee Pass. They are sure to have a blast as Cameron from 3C Guiding will be showing them some Wyoming back country.

The accommodations have been as great as the fresh snow. The pass has received a ton of snow in the past month and it has been dumping here last night. On Monday there was a fresh 6 inches around Brooks and Breccia. We woke to a fresh 4-6 at the lodge this morning at Lava Lodge.

The avy danger is very bad, as the snow on Sunday and Monday was heavy. I set off a slide in the drainage near the road on Togwotee Pass.

The other slide is a natural one around Breccia.

Captain Bazerko goes out tree welling.

Rick 5150 in the trees

SANY0062.jpg SANY0061.jpg SANY0058.jpg SANY0054.jpg SANY0056.jpg SANY0053.jpg SANY0052.jpg

jmom

Lifetime Membership
Feb 5, 2009
Wow, wow, wow...deep, deep powder at Lava Mountain Lodge on Togwotee Pass.

A pleasant suprise on Tuesday morning, the fresh 4-6 at the lodge was a solid 2-3 ft where we were exploring yesterday. The weather broke in the am, just before ride time and gave us a sunny beautiful powder filled day.

Get it while it is fresh, more snow on the horizon
NOAA Weather...
Snow showers likely. Cloudy, with a temperature rising to near 22 by 9am, then falling to around 10 during the remainder of the day. Wind chill values as low as -10. Breezy, with a south southwest wind 9 to 14 mph becoming west 19 to 24 mph in the morning. Winds could gust as high as 33 mph. Chance of precipitation is 70%. Total daytime snow accumulation of 3 to 5 inches possible.
Tonight Snow showers likely, mainly before 8pm. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 5. Wind chill values as low as -15. Breezy, with a west northwest wind around 21 mph, with gusts as high as 29 mph. Chance of precipitation is 70%. New snow accumulation of 1 to 2 inches possible.
Thursday Snow likely, mainly after 11am. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 19. Wind chill values as low as -15. Breezy, with a west wind 20 to 22 mph, with gusts as high as 31 mph. Chance of precipitation is 70%. New snow accumulation of 1 to 3 inches possible.
Thursday Night Snow likely, mainly after 11pm. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 8. Wind chill values as low as zero. Breezy, with a west wind 22 to 29 mph, with gusts as high as 40 mph. Chance of precipitation is 70%. New snow accumulation of 1 to 3 inches possible.
Friday Snow showers likely. Cloudy, with a high near 16. Windy, with a west northwest wind 25 to 30 mph decreasing to 15 to 20 mph in the afternoon. Winds could gust as high as 41 mph. Chance of precipitation is 60%. New snow accumulation of 1 to 2 inches possible.

Avalanche Report from Avalanche.Org

On Monday some skiers remotely triggered a large slab avalanche with a seven-foot-deep crown on a steep, east-facing slope south of Brooks Lake Lodge, known as Barbers Point. This slab is sure to have been comprised of snow from the recent extended storm cycle that failed on a base of faceted snow. Similar events could be triggered today by snowmobilers or skiers who venture onto steep slopes with poor snowpack structure. Excellent snow structure assessment and terrain management skills are essential.

Buried layers of weak snow persist at all elevations. Slabs that lie upon these weak layers could be triggered by backcountry riders and skiers today. These slabs could have depths of three to seven feet

SANY0070.jpg SANY0068.jpg SANY0072.jpg 3C Guide.jpg SANY0060.jpg SANY0065.jpg SANY0064.jpg

jmom

Lifetime Membership
Feb 5, 2009
Looks good. Got that poo up and running just in time! How is John liking the 6 in the deep stuff?

John is loving the 600 RMK, that thing goes places, even in this deep snow.
Yep, I managed to get my motor in on last Friday, about 12 hours before we departed for Lava. So far, it has been great, just broke in.

Another great day here in Wyoming at Lava Mountain Lodge. Fresh snow in the morning, sun in the afternoon.

The wind packed and loaded the snow as it howeled on Wednesday morning. A crew of us went out for a day of riding with Cameron from 3C Guiding. What a great day, low visibility in the morning led us to poking through the trees finding pockets of powder. The late afternoon breaking of the sun allowed us to hit a few jumps and carve some powder.

NOAA Weather Forecast

Today Snow, mainly after 10am. High near 21. Wind chill values as low as -10. Breezy, with a west wind 18 to 26 mph, with gusts as high as 40 mph. Chance of precipitation is 100%. Total daytime snow accumulation of 1 to 3 inches possible.
Tonight Snow likely. Cloudy, with a low around 12. Wind chill values as low as zero. Breezy, with a west wind 24 to 26 mph, with gusts as high as 40 mph. Chance of precipitation is 70%. New snow accumulation of 3 to 5 inches possible.
Friday Snow likely. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 22. Wind chill values as low as -5. Breezy, with a west wind 21 to 25 mph, with gusts as high as 38 mph. Chance of precipitation is 60%. New snow accumulation of 1 to 2 inches possible.
Friday Night Snow likely. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 7. Wind chill values as low as -15. Breezy, with a west wind around 24 mph, with gusts as high as 37 mph. Chance of precipitation is 60%. New snow accumulation of 2 to 4 inches possible.
Saturday Snow showers likely. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 21. Breezy, with a west wind 19 to 24 mph decreasing to 13 to 18 mph in the afternoon. Winds could gust as high as 37 mph. Chance of precipitation is 60%. New snow accumulation of 2 to 4 inches possible.

Avalanche.Org
On Tuesday, a snowmobiler triggering a slide on a south facing slope which failed on a faceted crust around 30 inches below the snow surface. He was buried roughly four feet deep, found with a beacon and dug up by other riders in his party. Tragically, he did not survive. Similar events could occur today in a snowpack wrought with weaknesses and poor structure. Conservative decision-making and travel practices are essential for safe travel in avalanche terrain.

Dense wind slabs, formed by westerly winds, with depths of one to three feet could be human triggered in steep, wind-loaded avalanche starting zones. These slabs could step down to deeper layers of weak faceted snow in areas with poor snowpack structure.

Buried layers of weak snow persist at all elevations. Slabs that lie upon these weak layers could be triggered by backcountry riders and skiers today. These slabs could have depths of three to seven feet.

SANY0073.jpg SANY0074.jpg SANY0076.jpg SANY0079.jpg

jmom

Lifetime Membership
Feb 5, 2009
Well, I am 2 weeks behind on updates. If you have been the the Big Horns, you know why. The interweb is very sketchy.

The week at Elk View Lodge was great other than the lack of communication. The accommodations easily fit our group of 20. The snow was deep and bottomless in some places. With a great storm and fresh powder upon our arrival, we hit it again. The weather cleared for some blue bird days and great photo opps mid week.

SANY0074.jpg SANY0067.jpg SANY0075.jpg SANY0091.jpg SANY0084.jpg GOPR0003.jpg SANY0054.jpg

jmom

Lifetime Membership
Feb 5, 2009
Wrapping up a ground hogs week with fresh snow each morning at Lava Mountain Lodge on Togwotee Pass in March.

The spring temperatures have been flirting with the area, firming up the large dumps that fell in the past two weeks and during the entire month of February for that matter. On Sunday we pushed a solid 2-3 foot of fresh snow on and 8 grand day, meaning it was pegged at 8 grand all day, just going on the flats. Monday was still great powder riding with another fresh spit of snow overnight. On Tuesday the snow had started to set up so much that it would just pack in front of your sled and stick you if you were not on your toes. Wednesday night and Today, Thursday blessed us with a fresh dusting at the lodge and 4-6 on the mountain ridges, however it was some very heavy, wet snow. There is a nice base building as long as the spring temps and sun stay away, the riding will be good here for awhile.

Ground hogs spring.jpg SANY0049.jpg SANY0050.jpg SANY0051.jpg SANY0052.jpg SANY0053.jpg

Last edited:
Premium Features