• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Maybe moving to Cali

Bakersfield !!! It doesn't even snow in Bakersfield.

It is a diversified town. With lots of good and bad parts. Lots of oil there making good jobs around smelly OILDALE. Mucho agriculture. The best independent job is blacksmith/welder for oil and farm equipment plus lots of construction.

I would say if your in retail you should learn spanish.

There was an assessment of a potential flood impact from Lake Isabella so property values in "flood zone" areas have dropped like a rock.

"The Corps of Engineers has new concerns about the dam and lists it as their most at-risk in the nation."

http://www.bakersfieldnow.com/news/investigations/3765302.html

Just north of Bakersfield was /is a potential "duty free zone" pending approval by the feds to relieve the congestion of the city owned entry ports of Los Angeles. Area is Rosedale.

Just north is Wasco , rose bush and nut growing capital of the USA.

Lots of prisons around Bakersfield paying really good wages.

Largest undeground aquafer in California maybe USA is in east Bakersfield.

Alegedly best fly fishing in southern part of state is Kern River near Kernville.

Local snowmobile club is www.sugarloafers.com see website for riding areas. Great bunch of guys, majority is family oriented with cabins in the Sequoia National Forest. Around Glennville HWY 155. Only a handful of hardcore riders but they are really awesome guys.

Hwy 99 runs south to Los Angeles (no snowmobiling allowed) and north up the 99 are many good places to sled. Most sledding is done above 7000 feet in the Sequoias. Better sledding as you go north. Best sledding in the state is suppose to be just off HWY 80 to the north around Truckee.

BUT those riders up near Mt. Shasta tell me they have no snow.

http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/n/a/2008/07/08/state/n130432D99.DTL

Was talking to the guys in Chester and they ride out of the yard at 4500 feet.

Just one Polaris shop in Bakersfield, and they don't sell sleds anymore.

Couple hours to the West ... San Luis Obispo, largest one college town in USA ... and the Pacific Ocean to !! Los Angeles 2-3 hours to the south.
To the east an hour is snowmobiling and poor rich man town of Tahachapi.

Nobody likes to admit they are from Bakersfield but there is lots of money there.

http://www.city-data.com/city/Bakersfield-California.html

Schools .... ???? http://www.greatschools.net/schools.page?district=1103&state=CA I think the best school districts in California are Sacramento and Ventura but the best schools depend on the pricipal, teachers, parents and community. Stay away from schools with large migration since the kids rotate in and out of school to work in the farming community.

Most all year round road access with most recorded average snowfall is suppose to the Arnold CA / Bear Valley off of HWY 4. zip 95223

Do you have this map?

http://ohv.parks.ca.gov/?page_id=1233

On this forum your not gonna get any real love until you look at Fresno and more north east.

Last edited:
go 15 north to 395 north to 108 sonora pass, hwy 108 is groomed. go 15 miles and head up to levitte Lake, some of the best riding in the sierra nevada Mt. range. deep po po and lots of steep Mt. to climb

My main office is in SD, and I drive from there to NorCal/NV every 4-6 weeks even in summer.

I usually haul the boat back and forth and play a few days.

TO good sledding from SD, it's 8 hours to Mammoth. Leave at 2, you're there at 10 AM.

I've made it in 6 to Mammoth. Honestly, after a few times, the trip isn't ****.

There's some sledding thats good in the San Diego Mountains, but only a very select few know about it.

Check it.

l_0fb3333639c3ab4c4e9efbfb7514c653.jpg

whatever you do don't move to reno area. too hot in summer and too many crackheads in that town. sorry to everyone that lives there but you all know its true.

I know what you mean, but honestly, it's no worse than anywhere else and probably not as bad as you think.

There is no crackheads around where any of the houses I have.
If you stay away from downtown and the club scene, theres none.

I know what you mean, but honestly, it's no worse than anywhere else and probably not as bad as you think.

There is no crackheads around where any of the houses I have.
If you stay away from downtown and the club scene, theres none.

Yeah, there's lots of nice areas in Reno and Sparks. I'd say there's less crackheads per capita than most CA cities.

Too hot? Ever been to the valley in summer? From Redding to Ramona the Valley is WAY hotter.

I GREWUP IN SANDIEGO AND IT IS DEIFINATELY A FULL DAYS DRIVE TO ANY REAL SLEDDING. NORCAL IS ALLOT CLOSER TO THE SNOW BUT SOCAL IS THE WRONG PLACE TO MOVE TO IF YOU WANT TO RIDE ALLOT. THE ONLY SPOTS TO RIDE ARE BIG BEAR AND WRIGHTWOOD WHICH BOTH SUCK :beer;

6 Hrs to Mammoth, 8 if you are slow or have to stop all the time. I stop twice. Leave at 3, there at 9-10

Premium Features

Back