• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Matryx - Behind Gauge Storage Compartment

Timbre

Premium Member
Nov 1, 2008
Southwestern Idaho
Anyone else getting snow inside the storage compartment behind the gauge on powder days?

I thought this would keep things nice and dry, and maybe a bit warm . . . but nope!

It not only does not keep things warm at all, but also lets quite a bit of powder inside the compartment, unfortunately. The front seal on the door looks good. Must be coming in from under the hood. Will look into that further.

Has anyone come up with a solution to stop the snow from coming in . . other than the glove box liner that Polaris sells?

JH@CM

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Aug 12, 2018
I've had the same results. Just a bit of snow gets in, and it's enough to cover what's inside with a fine mist.

I guess Polaris sells the glove box liner because they know there is a problem?

Timbre

Premium Member
Nov 1, 2008
Southwestern Idaho
hahaha! Yep, maybe that is it . . . create a problem, then sell you "the fix" for it . . . good for sales, eh? :)
May have to put things in a plastic bag, in the meantime, until i find a way to solve (or minimize) this instead of buying another accessory.

On a side note . . . i sure wish they had a dash bag for this sled, like i had on the old one. Loved that bag!!

Timbre

Premium Member
Nov 1, 2008
Southwestern Idaho
The cracks, where the snow comes in, are where the door hinges, so silicone can not be used or the door will not open.
Those "cracks" are fairly large as well. I have some weather stripping that i will use as a temporary/quick fix.

J

Jaynelson

Nov 26, 2007
Nelson BC
But for real it doesn't seem perfectly sealed and no heat gets through. The Axys one wasn't sealed either, but the heat seemed to keep toque/gloves de-thawed. But the extra space is awesome...haven't even looked to see if drilling holes through is feasible, that might be a really easy upgrade.

D
Dec 15, 2020
Im pretty sure there was drain holes in my 2021 Switchback Maytrx. just put a Bennie in the bottom and you'll be good.

K
Mar 8, 2017
But for real it doesn't seem perfectly sealed and no heat gets through. The Axys one wasn't sealed either, but the heat seemed to keep toque/gloves de-thawed. But the extra space is awesome...haven't even looked to see if drilling holes through is feasible, that might be a really easy upgrade.
Shouldnt have any issues drilling holes. I added the 12v power supply and it had me drill a hole right in the bottom of the compartment. My compartment was also full of snow after yesterday's ride.

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

S

SUMMITREV

Oct 24, 2008
Baker, OR
Drilling holes lets more heat in but it also lets alot more steam in. (I already did it) may try sealing the door better and taking a grip heaters and sticking them inside and wire them to the auxiliary plug in hood.

BigAir

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Montana
If it makes you feel any better the glove box on the Doo XM was the same way. Not sealed and they sold a glove box liner to seal it up.

zaasman

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Mar 11, 2019
Yukon
I rode 3 feet of champagne powder few days ago and temps were cool -15 degrees Celsius and the compartment stayed nice and warm and dry surprisingly

Did you keep it in a wheelie the whole time?.. lol

I haven't been so lucky. I have the liner as well, yet riding in less snow (1.5 feet of fresh, dry but not "champagne") I'm getting a fair amount of snow in there. Not enough to dampen my spirits, but it's there.

Timbre

Premium Member
Nov 1, 2008
Southwestern Idaho
The weather stripping worked perfectly!!

Probably 3 ft + of cold dry powder and lots of it!!

No snow inside the compartment at all.

Premium Features