• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Mark Udall, I do not like you...

CO 2.0

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Fort Collins, CO
I love it when you write these people in detail, no one EVER reads what you sent them, and they come back to you with some generic BS email talking about the complete opposite. What a joke!

Figure I'd post this up for everyone in Colorado to see that this guy needs to go, along with Ken Salazar

April 15, 2011

Thank you for contacting me with your views on protecting our public lands. I appreciate that you took the time to contact me.

As chair of the U.S. Senate's National Parks Subcommittee and as an avid outdoorsman, I appreciate the need to respect and protect the land while also ensuring that the public can enjoy the resources and recreational opportunities it provides. To this end, I have led efforts to establish two new wilderness areas in Colorado - the James Peak Wilderness and the Rocky Mountain National Park Wilderness - as well as the Rocky Flats Wildlife Refuge. I believe that we do not inherit the land from our parents; we borrow it from our children, so we must use the land responsibly and preserve it where we can.

At the end of the past congress, after many months of work with colleagues from both sides of the aisle, I was disappointed that the Senate was unable to pass any significant legislation regarding our public lands because of persistent filibusters. I pushed until the very last day of the session to try to get this package of bills passed. However, I remain dedicated to working with my colleagues and other stakeholders to advance public lands legislation that will have direct and positive impacts on Colorado in the near future.

Specifically, a few of the bills I look forward to working on in the 112th Congress include legislation to help address the bark beetle epidemic, a bill to streamline outdoor recreation opportunities near ski areas, and a wilderness proposal to preserve some of southwest Colorado's most beautiful landscapes in and around the San Juan Mountains.
I will continue to listen closely to what you and other Coloradans have to say about matters before Congress, the concerns of our communities, and the issues facing Colorado and the nation. My job is not about merely supporting or opposing legislation; it is also about bridging the divide that has paralyzed our nation's politics. For more information about my positions and to learn how my office can assist you, please visit my website at www.markudall.senate.gov.

Warm regards,

Mark Udall
U.S. Senator, Colorado

F

FCR112

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Feb 1, 2008
I removed myself from his mailing list a few months back, his b.s. was pissing me off as well

Sled208

Lifetime Membership
Sep 13, 2010
"I will continue to listen closely to what you and other Coloradans have to say........"

:face-icon-small-dis what a DumbFAWK.

Premium Features