• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Mapping/Ignition Advance Switch- KTM 500

This is great! I'm very excited to get a update on this.

Is there anyway I can tune "just" the Ignition timing with the Dynojet and leave my Dobeck Fuel Controller in place to manage fuel?

And if so can I utilize my Trail Tech Map Switch?

Thanks
Jerry Lee
That is a great question!
And actually, this does sound possible - at least on paper. You can leave your existing injection controller and use the PCV to solely control timing. However, the PCV would need to get power from somewhere, and normally the injector is where this connection occurs. The next stumbling block would be the highly valuable RevXtend feature available in the PCV - which would be eliminated if you do not use just the PCV alone to control fuel + ignition.
The trail tech map switch function would not be affected, and you should be able to always employ that switch.

~T.J.

Ignition Advance Timing with PCV + Dobeck

That is a great question!
And actually, this does sound possible - at least on paper. You can leave your existing injection controller and use the PCV to solely control timing. However, the PCV would need to get power from somewhere, and normally the injector is where this connection occurs. The next stumbling block would be the highly valuable RevXtend feature available in the PCV - which would be eliminated if you do not use just the PCV alone to control fuel + ignition.
The trail tech map switch function would not be affected, and you should be able to always employ that switch.

~T.J.

Any updates on this theory?

Premium Features

Back