• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

M8T problem

w2bridin

Lifetime Membership
The last time I was out riding coming home in the dark I noticed that if I turned my hand warmer and thumb warmer both on HI my lights would dim. Got home checking it over I find my fuel pressure is at 38 with warmers off then when I turn both warmers on my fuel pressure drops to less than 30. I have never noticed this before and I am wondering if I have a short or where I should start looking. Anyone saw this before?

Warmers are pretty much a short in themselves, sounds more like a low output voltage issue

Maybe a bad ground

What kind of kit is it

Not familiar with that one, the twisted one I had used a capacitor I think to level off voltage draw. Have you checked your grounds

The ground wire looked good. I can run one on high the other on low and vice versa with little effect but when I put both on high it just zaps the power for some reason.:face-icon-small-dis

seems like you either have low voltage output or your loosing a connection, you should fix it as fast as possible before it wipes something else out. I would contact a push dealer and see what they think as I don't know if they use a capacitor or not

AFR?

If you have an afr they draw a huge amount of amperage and may be to much draw with heaters on also. I had to add a small battery and a toggle switch to power my afr and to make sure I didnt ruin any other electronics.

Check your main harness ground. It is hidden down behind coolant bottle attached to back of upper bolt for steering post A frame. Have seen 2 sleds with issues in last week and both had issue with this ground.Both were turbos as well.

Check your main harness ground. It is hidden down behind coolant bottle attached to back of upper bolt for steering post A frame. Have seen 2 sleds with issues in last week and both had issue with this ground.Both were turbos as well.

Most don't realize its back there and twist it off when screwing with the handle bar post support

Premium Features

Back