• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

M8 with old style boondocker oil tank????

T

Tony skagen

Ive got an 08 m8 with a Boondocker turbo and intercooler. My question is what secures the turbo to the tank? Mine the tank mounts to the sled, then the turbo oil return has orings and slides into the top of the tank but what holds it there.With everything mounted I can lift my turbo right out of the tank
Thanks
If you have a mount Id love to see some pictures!

There isn't a mount for the turbo. The only thing that really keeps it in there is the exhaust system. Seems chincy but it works.

Thanks,it seems like if you rolled the sled the turbo would come out of the tank and you would loose all the turbo oil?????

Thanks,it seems like if you rolled the sled the turbo would come out of the tank and you would loose all the turbo oil?????

Thats exactly what happens, some put tabs on the tank and turbo bolts and use exhaust springs to hold it on.
Kinda sketchy when you roll the sled and all the oil spills onto your hot exhaust.

Premium Features

Back