• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

M8 turbo bog

Wrenchmaster

Lifetime Membership
I thought it's time I just started a thread on this, browsed and commented on a few others and got help, but need more specifics. Here's the story, picked up a 2010 M8 Cutler Stage II turbo. Had a blown DD but was supposed to be Pull & go once that was fixed. I put a good used DD in and so far haven't got a ride out of it that something hasn't went wrong. Anyway now it's running OK at the beginning of the ride, but if I shut it down for 10min or so, then re-start, it'll idle low, like 800RPM then if I even touch the throttle it bogs & dies. It gets worse, until it won't even start, then after pulling 50 times or so, it'll run again, after stalling a few more times, it'll start acting normal again, really weird, TPS sensor maybe? so far I've replaced reeds (they were shot) fixed boost leaks, set up waste gate, cleaned power valves, adjusted fuel press, right now it's good at 38PSI . This thing has some other issues too, but this one is most annoying. Only 1300km on the sled and 450 on turbo kit, according to previous owner.

Last edited:
new plugs and gap them at .25 make sure your running good fuel.
also open the throttle side handle bar block and cut the tss wire red or black and take it out of the loop AND PUT A tether on it.
you did check the boots for leaks and calibrate the PV cables right?
the last thing will be to change the stator.

It's got new plugs, gapped to .25" like Cutler recommends. Running fresh AV gas, checked for leaks when I did the reeds, didn't find any, I'll have to go through it again and check the exhaust though and intake again because it would only make 2.5lbs of boost at the end of the day, no change when I turned up the knob either. I didn't calibrate the PV cables and it's had an intermittent code 06, so I'll have to do that, do you have the procedure?
It's got a teather, what's the TSS? I'll find it and cut the wire, got a feeling it's a sensor giving a bad reading.

The idle going lo and then the bog if you touch the throttle sounds like a to much fuel issue to me. usually a stater will let you start but start running poorlyas it warms up untill it finally stops running and cools down again.

Yeah, it's got good spark when it won't start. Plugs are always dry like it's not getting fuel. I read about the TSS and will start by dissconecting it, I have a tether anyway. I've adjusted fuel press. to 38, then down to 36, no change. Don't know why it wouldn't build boost again or rev over 7200, have to go through it some more I guess.

How was Revelstoke BTW, we got 2' at Gorman lake over the weekend.

Gorman Lake Hmmm where is that Golden? Revy was pretty good but real scary in some areas they had gotten alot of snow then rain. we had a very good time though. im heading to medow creek this weekend ,ive never been there before. i need ti ride this turbo again.

Yeah, Gormans in Golden, access to several different areas once your up there, one of my favorite places to ride. What fuel box are you running?

Sounds like the same issue I was having with my '10 M8 w/ Cutler Stage 1.... 2 years later in and out of Cat shop and turns out it was my PV solenoid. check yours, guess they're supposed to cycle 3 times at start up. Hope this helps. At least something else to check.

lo idle

mine will do the same thing, I just flip the hot start switch and always starts right up and runs fine.

roger

Premium Features

Back