• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

m8 ebc install

otist

Lifetime Membership
Feb 27, 2009
I have an 09 m8 with a boondocker pump gas turbo. Would like to install a ebc. Tired of messing with the boot T. Trying to hit target psi.But wanted to know how complicated the install would be? Looked at the web site and couldn't find any instructions .... Also would like to know what all comes with the ebc if I ordered one . also how are they working ? Worth the $?

S
Jan 20, 2009
Not so fast. The first generation boxes are junk and not repairable. Buy a new kit from Boondocker. It will come with everything you need. I fought the urge to get one and finally broke down and put one on my 09 M8. Wish I would have done it way sooner. It cured a lot of my altitude tuning issues I was running into. The boost is always spot on now.

otist

Lifetime Membership
Feb 27, 2009
Ya I heard that about the first gen. Good to know thanks. Was it a difficult install ? Need to make modifications ? Or quick and painless? Kinda at an idle right now seeing how it seems to be spring already.

Hardass

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Troy Montana
Just curious So i have to ask what tuning issues come from not having a ebc? I mean i have a boost t and a boost guage you turn the nob and and psi goes up or down very simple.and not much to go wrong i see people with issues all the time that have ebc.

S
Jan 20, 2009
Fairly easy to install. I found without adjusting boost pressure i would lean out as I climbed elevation. 6000-10000. Now i don't have to worry about adjusting the boost as i climb. It does it automatically! Much more consistent tuning. I very seldom touch my fuel box now.

Hardass

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Troy Montana
Fairly easy to install. I found without adjusting boost pressure i would lean out as I climbed elevation. 6000-10000. Now i don't have to worry about adjusting the boost as i climb. It does it automatically! Much more consistent tuning. I very seldom touch my fuel box now.

Your say you would lean out going up in elevation with out turning your boost up? That doesnt seem right to me but i must be thinking wrong this morning. as you go up you normally get richer unless you turn the psi up on your turbo. Or thats what happens here.

J

jim

Nov 26, 2007
Boise
It's easy to install. I had the first gen ebc...junk and broke. Since the new one I tuned for 5 minutes the first day and just ride. Sled rips. For install you will need the electronic boost regulator and the ebc. Both are simple to install and plug and play with boondocks box (at least mine was). For detailed questions ask for Jared at boondocks and he can help. Only concern I had was one get creeping up on me during climbs but looks like it is just unburned gas in that cylinder. The boost adjusting makes it simple.

BigAir

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Montana
Any one running one of the new BD boxes with the EBC built in? How are they working?

Premium Features