• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

M1000 twisted questions

07 m1000 twisted pg kit, I need some quick answers. Took the sled out last weekend and it ran great about half the time, but the other half of the time it fell on its face at random. When it falls on its face it will not rev over 4000 rpm even when I'm holding it wide open, and just no power whatsoever, and it sputters. Afr guage is also reading 12-13s. I'm thinking maybe clutch is stuck in high gear sometimes? Or power valves maybe? Would either of them do this? I also noticed that there is some sort of mix of oil coming out of the exhaust manifold, don't know where it's coming from. I need to put new Pistons in it soon, but don't know if that will cause this.... Thanks in advance :face-icon-small-fro

for one thing if something is coming out of the manifold you have a boost leak and that in it self will make it not run good when was the last time the injectors were cleaned and tested

Just picked it up and got hardly 2 rides under her, so haven't tested or cleaned injectors. How do I do it? And I know there's no leaks on the charge tube so I guess I'll tear it down and check throttle body boots for cracks? And should I just delete the power valves or bad idea? Thanks

bogging...

Intake boots are very common to crack and causes bogging, Do not remove the power valves on a turbo, you need all the bottom end you can get.(make sure there adjusted properly and work freely) check your wiring and make sure your grounds are tight especially the grounding point under the engine. Another thing on the power valves, on an m1000 they dont open till 6700 rpm's anyway. does this sled have secondary injectors?

Last edited:
1000 turbo

yes could be your primary clutch, they are usually shot around 2,000 miles, rollers wear out and ruin the weights, if your clutch is good and your giving it 2 much fuel when it bogs let off then pin it and they will usually come out of it. as far as a cracked intake boot witch iv had also you can look back under them before you tear it apart and see where the gas is dripping and washing a clean spot, the cracked boot is uncommon but I had 1 and it will give you a lean bog

Any codes? If you are stuck and leave it running, it can get hot and send it into limp mode. If you pipe sensor is acting up, it will cause fits too. What is your fuel psi during the fits? The fuel regulator twisted used on those kits sucks. What fuel box are you using? most guys could never go down hill without a bog, or turn back up hill without a bog.

I am getting codes on the wrench that are 4-2, and 4-3, and the psi has stayed at a constant 41-43 every time I've looked at it. The other weird thing about that leak right off the exhaust manifold is that my afr is reading numbers that are normal! I am using an attitude fuel controller

bogging...

when its running bad have you stopped and pulled the plugs to see if they're wet or oil fouled? have you put plugs in it since you got it? what fuel/oil ratio you running? when its running good do the clutches feel like there working correctly?

codes

code 4-2 is for a tach. problem. 4-3 is for a gear position switch failure. if the switch is bad and telling the ecu that the sled is still in reverse when your trying to go fwd. it could be sticking in the reverse rev limiter mode...

I'm running a 40:1 fuel to oil ratio and when it's running good the clutches seem to be working good, I put new plugs in the sled when I got it, but haven't checked them since

I haven't pulled the plugs when it's running bad because it is so variable, seems like every one or two times I hit the throttle it runs great and then 5 seconds later I'll hit it and it ****s, and so on. It won't run bad for more than a little bit at a time, and when i can get it to run good for a pull, if I stay on it the whole time, it will still run good, but once I let off it's anybody's guess again

Check your boost reference line that comes out of the top of attitude box, is the stud that hose is on solid and what is condition of the hose? If hose is cracked or plugged. Is the box referencing boost/Boost lights on attitude box? This will cause a similar conditions.

I did not gap them to that spec if I remember correct, I rode it a couple days ago and whenever it happened if I let out of the throttle and right back in then it would go away. My numbers kept getting leaner throughout the day no matter what I did with the tuner, so I think it is the throttle body boots, going to start teardown tomorrow

Premium Features

Back