• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

M1000 ovs turbo with a 3 degree key

T

Turbo Monster

I just installed a 3 degree key in my m1000 OVS race gas kit. I'm running about 8.5 lbs of boost. What kind of fuel can I get away with at 3000 feet.

the timing key robs HP- by retarding when needed

ie, as you crest the top of a steep chute, when HP is needed the most, that is whe the tiing key will retard the timing and you will lose top end HP. sorry, bro but you just spent over $100 for a device designed to rob u of valuable HP

Why not ask OVS? I'd think around 50/50 pump and 110 race. A 1000 w/o the det sensor would scare me. I have the 3 degree key coming just to throw in my pack. Sometimes on trips we'll ride into a town w/o the good stuff. It'll be nice to know I can turn the boost down and get home, playing along the way.

And ya, everything I've read says dump the timing key and just run fuel to match your boost.

I beleive it pulls timing. I only want to have about 6lbs of boost but I can,t get it any lower. Thats why I went with the timing key.

Timing key

Have the key in 3 M1000 sleds, ran 8lbs last year with RK Tech turbo head on straight pump and pulled the pistons this year (after 4 yrs) and looked like brand new still.
Second sled fresh built last year with WTA I/C and 3076 turbo and PCV and stock head cut .020 and ran 8-12 lbs on 50/50 av/premium and no issues.
3rd sled this year put together a bunch of used parts with a 500 mile crate motor (left stock), used BD turbo kit with 3071, Attitude controller, 3degree BD key and run straight AV at 12 lbs and no issues. Has a 174x2.5 CE. Ran uphill snow drags this past weekend at 5500 ft and only competition I had was a 300 Hp MCexpress Nytro with a 3" track running race and we were neck and neck off the line and all the way up the hill. I won 1 race and he won 1 race and I blew a belt on 3rd race. Other M1t, Dealers M1100 with Hijacker and other 800 turbos were not even remotely close.
With the 1000 I have noticed very little difference with key other than I can run cheaper easier (here) to get fuel. This is running at 5-9000 ft.

I may be incorrect. Are you referring to the Boondocker "timing key". If you are it PULLS timing. If you are talking about a "timing key" on the crankshaft under the flywheel, it will ADD timing unless it is in backwards.

Boondocker timing key good. Flywheel timing key not so good.

I'm running BD timing module on mine, still snappy on bottom, 12 lbs with 100ll @9-11k ft with all mods in sig.

Most top full standalones pull timing on a boosted application. Most of the time its 2-3 and on most dino testing the machine makes more power. Does anyone make a rpm based timing module? Is the boonie a rpm based?

Jim

Premium Features

Back