• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Lurkers.....Speak up

S
Nov 26, 2007
Kennewick Wa
Lurkers

Speak up!:)

The only way major manufacturers will acknowledge this type of machine is interest.

Why complain when every machine has been taken, if you can afford one now or plan to get one before.:confused:

If you say they arn't willing to make the new idea investment in this financial climate, then I say their future is dismal by holding on to the past.:mad:

B
Jan 12, 2008
hamburg,ny
haha

You are currently viewing our site as guest (aka lurker) which gives you limited access to most discussion threads and exclusive articles, as well as restricting your ability to use our powerful site search and other valuable resources.

dang TT just called me a lurker!!

T
Jan 25, 2008
Perry UT
I'm a lurker with the hopes of owning a hawk someday. I have rode a 503, 600, and 800. I went on a demo ride a couple years ago with Steve from B's outback. I live in Utah and will be attending hawkfest atleast one day. My brother and I are planning on renting some hawks for a day from a guy in Washington that is coming down. I'm looking forward to meeting and riding with all of you.

P.S. I still have, and probably always will have a 2 ski.

B
Jan 12, 2008
hamburg,ny
every hawker needs a 2 planker too....they are great for having wives/friends whoever come along for a ride and bring extra gas, belts, plugs, tools etc... it sure does make my backpack lighter!!!! i have never needed one, but i hear alot of you guys say they make great tow vehichles getting a broken hawk out of the back country....

trplxj you should buy a hawk b4 the fest and spend all 4 days ridin with us! ill be there all the way from buffalo,ny!!!

T
Jan 25, 2008
Perry UT
I would love to buy a hawk before hawkfest, but I don't have the money right now and I'm trying to buy a house as well. The hawk will have to wait until next season.

T
Jan 25, 2008
Perry UT
My 2 planker is too old (2000 cat powder special 600 efi) to get enough out of it for a hawk. And besides, it was the first sled I bought and I love it. I have too many good memories riding that sled to sell it. There's a good chance that sled will be at the fest this year too. I'm trying to talk a few other people into going just to see the hawks in action.

B
Jan 12, 2008
hamburg,ny
think of all the good memories you can have if you buy a hawk....start fresh my friend. now that ive had a hawk for several years,im trying to remember ANY good time i had on the 2ski. everytime i look to the past my back starts twictin'. ohh how i love my hawk!!! see ya at the fest...ill keep an eye out for ya!

D
Dec 15, 2007
Ketchikan Alaska
Yeah, Ive been lurking this forum off and on for a while, but as a signed Snowest member. I'll say this right off the bat, my post is certainly not to knock AD Boivin.
I have been intrigued by the one ski concept for a while now. After tons of research and thread reading, I took went and purchased a 2moto kit for my Ktm 525.
What sold me on this particular kit was reading about certain design issues with the explorer kit. I am sure 2moto has some too but I have only rode mine once a couple of days ago. One ski IS AWESOME.
But I am not here to talk about the bike conversions as they have there place in another spot on this forum.
I really think I would love the Hawk, but after reading the horror stories about tech support at AD Boivin, (or lack thereof) it is scaring me away from getting one. I realize that a dealer would be doing the dirty work of dealing with them, but we have no dealer in my small Alaska town. We do have a Polaris dealer, but I have been running AC for the past 20 yrs with no major issues.
Does the hawk division of ADB have better service than the Explorer one?

Still interested

Oz

B
Jan 12, 2008
hamburg,ny
with snowhawks you wont need ADB tech support... you will have all of us here on snowest!!! with guys like tony, steve,scott, theirry etc. you have all the info of adb plus 110% more hands on experience and knowledge of what works and wont dont and most of these guys are making the parts to make it work right!!! buy 1 or 2 while you can! in the meen time keep rockin the 2 moto!!!

D
Feb 9, 2009
prince george B.C.
Yeah, Ive been lurking this forum off and on for a while, but as a signed Snowest member. I'll say this right off the bat, my post is certainly not to knock AD Boivin.
I have been intrigued by the one ski concept for a while now. After tons of research and thread reading, I took went and purchased a 2moto kit for my Ktm 525.
What sold me on this particular kit was reading about certain design issues with the explorer kit. I am sure 2moto has some too but I have only rode mine once a couple of days ago. One ski IS AWESOME.
But I am not here to talk about the bike conversions as they have there place in another spot on this forum.
I really think I would love the Hawk, but after reading the horror stories about tech support at AD Boivin, (or lack thereof) it is scaring me away from getting one. I realize that a dealer would be doing the dirty work of dealing with them, but we have no dealer in my small Alaska town. We do have a Polaris dealer, but I have been running AC for the past 20 yrs with no major issues.
Does the hawk division of ADB have better service than the Explorer one?

Still interested

Oz

if your the kind of guy that gets a new machine with warranty ,then drops it off when ever it needs attention ,then trades it in when warranty is almost done ,a hawk is not for you ,but if you like to work on things and can understand and learn about things it just might be, but accept those point or you will just piss and whine pointlessly...its a mod sled basically...

J&L Snowhawk

Lifetime Membership
Jan 3, 2008
Aberdeen, SD
stores.ebay.com
great ride report

good to see your brackets worked good. I have been selling these brackets for Scram Scott since i first saw them. very nice pieces. you might try the stock springs again. won't be as soft on the beginning though.

D
Dec 15, 2007
Ketchikan Alaska
I have always done all my own wrenching, and like you guys, I have various friends who each excel in different areas. Combined, we do very well with all aspects of our motorsport addictions.
When I say dealer support, mainly I mean the ability to get warranty issues resolved.
Broken crank, bad ecu, reflash for poor fuel map etc...are usually things that require local dealer support because of policy.
I would be curious to see some of the mods and ideas you guys are developing for your hawks.
On the lighter side, here a pic from a few hrs ago. I love winter!
mahoney-09.jpg

Hawk on!

Oz

T
Dec 26, 2007
Minnesota
ask and you will get

Go back to snow hawk forums and look for "what's your mods" or "What's your set up" ton's of upgrade's "MODS" people have done with alot of info on what they did. Hour's of fun reading.

Premium Features