• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

LTS Feb. 2016 Snow Condition

Track Man

Premium Member
Dec 24, 2007
Coppins Meadow
Jan. was a great month for water and snow. Lets hope it keeps up. We had lots of rain over the weekend but it snowed all day yesterday. There's a good foot of fresh pow on top of a 4' to 5' of base here at the house. Up top I'am sure it's over the hood deep. I went to the parking lot yesterday and it was snowing down there too.

DSC07105.jpg DSC07102.jpg

Visi

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Paradise, CA
Those people are *******s. They did a lot of things wrong. Don't chase wild animals! Second, never fire a firearm in the air! This is why responsible riders are loosing areas to ride in.

Track Man

Premium Member
Dec 24, 2007
Coppins Meadow
This video reminds me when I went to West Yellowstone and snowmobiled with the Bisen in the trail. They said if the Basen approach you, you need to put your machine in between you and the Basen. I look at that big thing and hit the gas. No way I was going to have any thing to do with a Bisen and my sled.

bholmlate

Premium Member
Dec 3, 2009
Reno, Nevada
yes they are huge animals for sure I have had a few stare downs with wild horses on mountain bikes before most of the time they will wonder off if you stop and wait and don't make any moves towards them. If you case anything wild that is bigger then you are there is a chance as these idiots found out they will turn and charge you.. At least these two did not kill the animal unlike the last video that surfaced last year where the guys did the same thing and when the animal turned and charged the lead guy pulled out a large pistil and unloaded the clip. The video got such a warm reviews from the kill anything that moves for sport club.

kidwoo

Lifetime Membership
Dec 28, 2008
Hell yeah steve!

Glad to see you got the knee functional enough to get out.

Track Man

Premium Member
Dec 24, 2007
Coppins Meadow
If you're talking about LTS it is located 15 miles out of Truckee on highway 89 N. The snow down low on the road is melting fast . We better get some new snow soon or will be moving the trailhead up to Independence turn off soon .

donbrown

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Los Angeles
If you're talking about LTS it is located 15 miles out of Truckee on highway 89 N. The snow down low on the road is melting fast . We better get some new snow soon or will be moving the trailhead up to Independence turn off soon .

How are you doing .... the knee?

Track Man

Premium Member
Dec 24, 2007
Coppins Meadow
Don, My knee has a torn ACL. I need to get surgery but no time. For now I'm wearing a brace and getting around. I was out riding this snow bike yesterday. This was the first time I have been on one. Lots of fun.

IMG_0031.jpg

donbrown

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Los Angeles
Don, My knee has a torn ACL. I need to get surgery but no time. For now I'm wearing a brace and getting around. I was out riding this snow bike yesterday. This was the first time I have been on one. Lots of fun.

Wow, you are one tough dedicated sledder!

My prayers go to you getting fixed and of course great riding.

Premium Features