• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Low boost???

TRS

Life Member
Lifetime Membership
Dec 1, 2007
Cody, WY
On one of the sleds(600+ miles), yesterday, had low boost. The end of the spring rod that inserts into the wastegate was worn. It will pass a relearn but doesn’t close the wastegate.
If yours is witnessing low boost, you can confirm on the dash gauge, it may be the actuator rod.
I’ll take pics today.

Devilmanak

Premium Member
Dec 12, 2007
Donnelly, ID
Thanks for showing us your worn rod. :) My bud's wasn't right out of the gate, almost zero boost. But his was a bad actuator servo. Took 3 weeks for Polaris to figure it out, even though it was a wastegate code. That pretty much said what the problem was.

rmk800ak

Lifetime Membership
Mar 28, 2002
Fairbanks AK.
Tony was it seated all the way in ? I’ve seen a few post of them actually not even seated in the wastegate. Think maybe a bed of high temp down in there would give it a bit more contact area .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TRS

Life Member
Lifetime Membership
Dec 1, 2007
Cody, WY
It was seated. It can be seated further but will need a relearn. We moved this one nearly a 1/2” further in.
I believe the variation in pipe alignment is the culprit.
The actuator has a locating pin. The over structure should have a slot machined for the locating pin to get a proper seat for the spring rod. Hope that made sense.

damx

Lifetime Membership
Feb 13, 2011
We are seen this on the 22 and 23 in the group, now that they are getting up there in miles.

Teth-Air

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Nov 27, 2007
Calgary AB/Nelson BC
www.specified.ca
Thanks for posting about this. My 24 Boost had the actuator cable fall out of the waste gate a couple times. I think the expansion chamber has shifted somehow as the cable seems too short, aswell the dump tube to the muffler seems barely long enough to connect. I managed the actuator cable problem by sliding the actuator down the overstructure about 1/2' This makes it closer to the waste gate. The position of the expansion chamber to the muffler still has me scratching my head though as it all looks fine. I would recommend others look at how far the cable is inserted in to the actuator as mine was starting to chew.

damx

Lifetime Membership
Feb 13, 2011
Thanks for posting about this. My 24 Boost had the actuator cable fall out of the waste gate a couple times. I think the expansion chamber has shifted somehow as the cable seems too short, aswell the dump tube to the muffler seems barely long enough to connect. I managed the actuator cable problem by sliding the actuator down the overstructure about 1/2' This makes it closer to the waste gate. The position of the expansion chamber to the muffler still has me scratching my head though as it all looks fine. I would recommend others look at how far the cable is inserted in to the actuator as mine was starting to chew.
They were like that on the 22-23, if you push them in farther when new it won't round off as fast. Also on big jumps or crashes the cable pops out, sometimes.

Premium Features