• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Loud vibration on XP SummitX 146"

My buddy and I are new to sledding and just picked up a couple of new XP's...., I got a SummitX 146 and he got a 154. I had only one day of riding in my life before this...., on a beat to death 03 Cat rental. Even with my limited expierience I noticed right away that there seemed to be alot of what seemed to be track vibration/noise, It was the feeling of the track slapping hardpack, but in powder! After riding about 10 miles I concluded no way could this vibration/noise be normal...., asked my buddy if I could try his 154 out, night and day difference! My dealer is a couple of hours away, so at first I just figured, "no big deal it has a warrenty, I will take it in for the suggested 10 hour maintenance interval and mention it then, probably just a miner adjustment" figured I could save a trip. I now have a second ride, where my gas gauge failed by the way, with a total of 50 miles, mostly trail, all easy, and it is getting way worse, there is no way I am riding this thing again without figuring this out. I am hoping this is just something miner I could maybe just adjust myself...? save a trip to the dealer. I am super frusterated with Doo for not realeasing the service manual for a given model year until Feb-Mar of that year, makes it tough for a newbie like me that want's to learn to work on his own sled. Sorry for the long rant, I went the brand new route because I want to ride, not tinker, and this is what happens, not one fully functional mile yet. Any Ideas/advice would be great, I would hate to go to the dealer for something I could do in the garage in an hour, geuss I'll be going monday if I dont figure this myself:mad:, thanks again, i know i will be all:D:):beer; soon, THINK SNOW

i would look and see if the track is centered in the tunnel,if it touches either side will viberate,,its tight clearence because of the 16" wide

Lift the rear of your sled then run the track, see if the track has the same amount of distance between the outside edge of the metal track clips (metal pieces that are clipped onto your track. Should be the same distance on each side.

Premium Features

Back