• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Lost Lake, Spring 2009

I'm wondering if anyone out there has a current conditions update for Lost Lake and the Fire House trail. The previous Lost Lake thread got lost in the shuffle, and its pretty behind the times.

Thanks!

Were you able to make it up the trail without tugging on the ski's? I hate Primrose when it is slick and you end up pulling the sleds up the slick parts of the trail by hand. Trying to decide if I want to do Primrose or Snug. Thanks.

I saw on the chugach website that it was not recomended to take truck and trailer down snug as in the afternoon there are big holes in the ice on the road.
would like to know if there is truth to that

I saw on the chugach website that it was not recomended to take truck and trailer down snug as in the afternoon there are big holes in the ice on the road.
would like to know if there is truth to that

It was HORRIBLE!!!! But, that was a month so ago. Ihaven't been up that way in a while. As warm as it has been, it could go either way, may have melted itself out, but alot of times, the runoff gets even worse and since that road is in the shade, the ice damns can get huge. I drive a f350 with a 4 place open, it was....interesting. Can be done, just don't go bombing down the road, cuz if you hit one of those at more than a dead crawl, you will tear an axel off the trailer.

LL

Went up primrose last sat. Trail sucked like always, but new snow up top with sun. It was a great day.

AKRMK - The 900 is still running strong! I love that thing. Gas, oil, and go. I've ridden the same 080 belt half of last season and all this season. 0 problems with her. My buddies and I were at Primrose same weekend (3/28/09). We got there about 8:30 and were one of the first groups up that morning. Too bad I didn't recognize you in the parking lot or around. I'd of let you take the 900 for a "old times sake" ride :)

Premium Features

Back