• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Looking for some buying advice

J

jbrennan51488

Jan 27, 2012
Hey guys, Im new to this forum and have just been looking around and reading threads for the past few days. Anyways, I just ride my dads sleds and have been riding sleds for about 10 years since i was 13 or so. But now its time to buy a sled of my own. I'm a little guy, about 5'7 145 so i would like a lighter sled that i can throw around fairly easy. We ride in the mountains only and do some hillclimbing, lots of playing in powder, and some boondocking as well. I mostly ride a 99 700 rmk, but would like something with some more power. I also ride a 03 900 mountain cat that i prefer over the 700, it just takes a little bit more than i would like to throw it around for a whole day. The only newer sleds i have ridden are some yamaha 4 strokes(nytro, and phazer) which i thought were complete junk. They were too heavy and couldn't push any snow in the deep powder, and were both really tippy. Are the rev's and xp's tippy as well? There are two sleds for sale locally that i am considering buying and would like some opinions on. Any info, pros/cons on either of these sleds will be appreciated!

The first is a 2005 800 summit adrenaline 144 with 1000 miles for ($3500.)

The second is a 2008 800 summit x 154 with 800 miles for ($5000.)

M
Oct 24, 2008
Fort St James
depends on your budget. I love my rev, so I would personally buy the rev, throw some money at the clutches, and ride the heck out of it. It'll be a great sled, easier to throw around than your 900 and highmark it to boot. Just be fore warned. When I bought my rev I hated it for three rides, until I got used to the rider forward design. Once I got used to it there's no turning back.

Reactions: jbrennan51488
J

jbrennan51488

Jan 27, 2012
Hey thanks for the input! I would love a newer sled, but am on a bit of a budget. Ive also read the xp's have some durability problems when hitting rocks and stuff, not something i plan on doing and try to stay away with, but unfortunately there are some rocks where i ride, and i have busted a few trailing arms.

Premium Features