• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Looking for help with 1999 Summit 670X Twin Pipe question, PLEASE HELP!

M
Jun 25, 2010
Hi, I'm new to the Snowest Forums, and was wondering if any of you guys can help me out.

I just recently purchased a 1999 Summit 670X from a family member in Soldotna, AK. The sled has Team Fast Twin Pipes, a carbon fiber rotary valve, and some clutch work done to it. It also has the stock altitude compensator on it. The sled ran very well with this setup between 1-4k elevation in AK.

I would like to run the sled as I purchased it here in my home riding area of Wyoming/Montana, at approx. 8-10k elevation. However, many of the folks that I have talked to around here have told me that I will burn the motor down with the twin pipes at this higher altitude. Is this true? Does anybody have any recommendations/advice? If I do need a single pipe, etc., does anyone have one for sale, or know where I can find one? What do you guys recommend?

Thanks in advance! I look forward to hearing from some of you guys!

Ross
massey.ross@yahoo.com
307-250-5645

M
Dec 7, 2007
hi ross, this is justin. nice chatting with you last night. welcome to snowest! hope you find some info about your pipe question, the guys on here are usually really helpful!

Last edited:

winter brew

Premium Member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
LakeTapps, Wa.
If your jetted correctly there is no reason it will burn down. However, a single STOCK "X" pipe is very tough to beat and alot easier to tune. I would keep an eye out for a stock pipe.

Premium Features