• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Long live the M1000....

Who's porting are you guys running and with what pipe setup? Might just be my summer mod this year.

Huh? I know a lot of guys that have 3000-4000 miles with no problems at all...... Why do you assume it is going to go around 1800 miles?

Aaron

some win I always loose and I know 2 guys that had the crank bust of just behind the clutch and I have read of others with same issue also.born to have the rare expensive hard to fix issues been that way going on 35yrs.

Well said Ricks 32,

There is no other na machine that compares with such a great fun factor.

keeping mine forever

yeah the m1 needs a little help from stock but it sure dont take much.
i do have to say the m1 is very hard on belts and engine mounts. vibrates the crap out of my mounts in 900-1000 miles... need new ones. i have just a c-hair shy of 2000 miles. 1000 miles with the usual mods and it hasnt let me down. worked 100%. took a while to get the clutching right but it was fun.

with new sleds out i think i will let the first year go by and see how many bugs work out. for the mean time i dont know if i should keep my 09 m1 and throw a little money at it or look for the last '11 m1. should be some great deals on left over m1's come this fall. the pto side crank bearing and crank end breaking off have me somewhat worried. hear some stories but others with twice the miles i have still run with no issues.

the only thing is i wished now i went with a 162. 153" works but in the real soft deep stuff it would have been nice to have the longest version.... maybe even a 2.5 lug.

1000 forever.

m1000-finally a good post

even when my my motor is long gone, ill probably keep the chassis and install another engine of some kind...got it to where i want it so its worth keepin. ...btw

anyone here actually had their 1000 crank balanced, welded and pinned........

im pretty sure if you work with Jaws they will build some kind of a custom pipe for the sled only issue would be taking your sled out to Jaws to get the work done.

I have heard rumors that the Z1 turbo motor will fit in our chassis with some custom motor mounts. Maybe thats what a guy should do if the ol 1000 ever gives up the ghost

Who's porting are you guys running and with what pipe setup? Might just be my summer mod this year.

I have ran all the pipes i find the slp ans sw to be the best two with sw bein the best on the ported/modified motors and the slp on the stock motors hands down

My dealer ported one with the slp pipe, compared it to another very good running slp piped m1000 that was same year model etc... that is one of the best running piped 1000's I've ever seen and with him on it he gained 1 sled length on a climb compared to the other one with a lighter guy on it, with him on the other it gained 7 sled lengths, you could tell a difference. But I think there is more gain with the SW with porting. I've been running a 1000 and been around many, my M8T at 6lbs will walk on them both at 9000ft. Nothing beats boost unless you are somewhere you can go without boost. But NOTHING beats a M1000 on Boost.

My main sled is a modded 08 M1000 with a updated boondocker race gas turbo on it with the ADA and if flat out hauls the mail!!! Mostly run it at 12-15lbs and its a BEAST! Handles great, endless torque and keeps a guy giggling day in and day out!....Its been a pull and go sled for me, especially with the new programming, I dont even touch the box anymore from 2000'-7500' It makes it tough to ride anything else once you throw a leg over a boosted M10:scared:

I have two M1000s one being a 07 that has just under 3000 miles on it and it broke the PTO piston skirt off. But this sled has been road very hard and put away wet. I love this sled. I dont think I will ever sale it. I brought out to Minn. this winter and I had the speedo over 110 a couple times and it will do 90+ MPH all day long if you want to. I love the old girl! now im fixing her. will be running it at the jackson hole hill climb to bake the engine in :)

My dealer ported one with the slp pipe, compared it to another very good running slp piped m1000 that was same year model etc... that is one of the best running piped 1000's I've ever seen and with him on it he gained 1 sled length on a climb compared to the other one with a lighter guy on it, with him on the other it gained 7 sled lengths, you could tell a difference. But I think there is more gain with the SW with porting. I've been running a 1000 and been around many, my M8T at 6lbs will walk on them both at 9000ft. Nothing beats boost unless you are somewhere you can go without boost. But NOTHING beats a M1000 on Boost.

What about a 1200 on boost? lol Those are pretty much the most bad *** sled on the snow which further proves the m1000 bein an amazing sled that will always be remembered

love and hate my m1000 at the same time,when the motor mounts r good it is rockn but every 600 miles like clock work they r shot i have all the extra mounts and torque bumper but do not want to change mounts 2 times a year anymore if u don t then the belts start fn up and so hard on belts these things r why can one only get 600 miles on a belt and that was the best ever,but before the extra mounts was like 300 miles of hard hard riding,this sled pulls very hard all day long has not left me on the trail or feild or mountain yet always got home on its on power,2600 miles 900 with full pipe kit and new clutch and new track,i think i will fix the motor mounts for the 5th time and maybe get it ported this summer and timing key to top it off then the mounts will be down to 500 miles lol but like i say a love hate relationship just wish me and the machine could both loose 25 lbs each and we will both ride better,would like to keep this one forever even if its just spare would like to turbo it some day if a guy could figure out how to keep it from tearing the mounts out maybe a torque arm or 2

love and hate my m1000 at the same time,when the motor mounts r good it is rockn but every 600 miles like clock work they r shot i have all the extra mounts and torque bumper but do not want to change mounts 2 times a year anymore if u don t then the belts start fn up and so hard on belts these things r why can one only get 600 miles on a belt and that was the best ever,but before the extra mounts was like 300 miles of hard hard riding,this sled pulls very hard all day long has not left me on the trail or feild or mountain yet always got home on its on power,2600 miles 900 with full pipe kit and new clutch and new track,i think i will fix the motor mounts for the 5th time and maybe get it ported this summer and timing key to top it off then the mounts will be down to 500 miles lol but like i say a love hate relationship just wish me and the machine could both loose 25 lbs each and we will both ride better,would like to keep this one forever even if its just spare would like to turbo it some day if a guy could figure out how to keep it from tearing the mounts out maybe a torque arm or 2

This may be the cure for your problem mounts? It sure helped my 1200

http://supremetoolinc.com/cart/crossfire-hard-mounts-p-110.html

I think clutching is a key factor in motor mounts.
i think belts r due to clutching but also do to motor mounts,but how does clutching effect motor mounts explain cause i would love to try anything and as far as the solid motor mounts go no thanx they just dont last long enough they work good but dont last long tried them already as far as clutching goes i am running dalton adjustables with bmp torsional set up with a 40/36 helix if there is something alot better i will try it and i am also sorry not trying to jack the thread lol

Premium Features

Back