• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Lightweight parts for sidewinder

Lets see that bad boy climbmax!

Anyone weigh the stock suspension? I have the 153" with float3 and trihub in the rear.

Anyone know if this seat fits the winder? Not sure there was a difference from a viper?

arctic cat 6639-845

It can be made to fit.

Anyone know if this seat fits the winder? Not sure there was a difference from a viper?

arctic cat 6639-845

I put that seat on mine. It does fit but you have to cut about 2” off by the top of the fuel tank. I cut the stitching and then peeled it back far enough to cut the plastic. I just glued it with 3m spray adhesive. That held up good so far.

I don’t think it’s as light as the skinz seat but I didn’t weigh this one.

Attached a picture to show the trimming that’s needed.

CF1F2391-7B75-461B-8ACE-7693854227BF.jpg

I put that seat on mine. It does fit but you have to cut about 2” off by the top of the fuel tank. I cut the stitching and then peeled it back far enough to cut the plastic. I just glued it with 3m spray adhesive. That held up good so far.

I don’t think it’s as light as the skinz seat but I didn’t weigh this one.

Attached a picture to show the trimming that’s needed.

Awesome! Was there a weight savings? How do you like it ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I’m thinking 3lbs or so. I didn’t have my scale when I put it on. There isn’t a seat pan just foam right on to the gas tank and then stretch the cover over it. Also getting it over the gas tank was a huge PITA. Had to get the heat gun out to gain a little stretch. It’s only on there because the Skinz Had been on back order for 4 months and I wanted something for this season. It is wider than the Skinz but is still much lower than the stock seat.

I also wonder if the trail tank for 16 cats would work, that is another 5 lbs loss, plus a new seat another 5lbs.

I think if enough people bugged Patrick Carbon he would make a hood. Need like 10-15 guys to make it work though.

Things that make you go hmmm.....

Cr racing apex hood to SW hood. I cut the handle bar area back another 4” it scary close to fitting like it belonged there.

5d55954ea48cf0d5cd7a69146bcf38b6.jpg

b93f68ebf43e808b5066f6a4b3a77ab1.jpg

b8c9c95e96e8ba01d204e91f6dfbe214.jpg

0c33f8c1d20c172189749eba857cf9e8.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I also wonder if the trail tank for 16 cats would work, that is another 5 lbs loss, plus a new seat another 5lbs.

I think if enough people bugged Patrick Carbon he would make a hood. Need like 10-15 guys to make it work though.

Two-stroke tanks will not work unfortunately, as far as a hood goes, CR will have one for next season. 10 pound loss on the CR hood.

Does anyone make a light weight tank?
Bdx extreme makes a tank which is lighter. It's for a cat so I dont think it would fit but maybe it might. They sell a lightweight seat also.

Sent from my SM-G920W8 using Tapatalk

I've been told the 4 strokes have a different shape on the front of the tank for exhaust clearance and because of that you cant use the 2 stroke tanks.

Yeah they are different for sure. thats what i was wondering if anyone made a lightweight for the 4 stroke.

Premium Features

Back