• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Lets talk Skis and skags.

So, Once again I'm asking what you guys run for skis and snags.. Im a Flatlander that has a new Boost that wants the best of these items. What set ups do you guys run? I hear the stock is what every other AC, YAMI, and Doo sledders want. Is this true? If not I'm a Sly Dog fan but am all ears if any of you have prefrences please chime in why and your set up..

I really liked Mohawks on my Axys, I would run them again. Only real difference I noticed was that the sled always went where I pointed it, the grippers do push, especially off trail. I didn’t really notice how bad it was till I had skis that didnt. Slightly more steering effort comes with that, but I am a smaller framed guy and it was not an issue. They should last longer than grippers too.

Just run wear bars. There is no need for carbides on a mountain sled.

Mohawks and then stock grippers. Both with just hardweld runners, no carbides.

• Love
Reactions: TRS
I run grippers with hardweld bars (no carbide) and durapro rubbers. Grippers are light weight. But they do push some. The mohawks i had the brackets started rusting, wasnt a fan of that

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

So how wide do you guys run your ski's and why? This is my first RMK so I could really use some advice on set ups and why. Also do you guys point front tips out a 1/4 inch or run them strait?

I run them at the narrowest position. If you don't run them in the center you need to invest in after market ski rubbers. I honestly think the Dura-Pro suck. Not only is their lifetime warranty a lie, I would go through 1 every few rides. I have been using the ones Caleb suggested and I have yet to wreck one. They are called Salazz King. Seem to do the trick so far.
Link to buy them

Mohawks for sure!
Ran the stock grippers for the first (break-in) ride, and could not wait to get the Mohawks (with Carls cut) on the sled.
So much more control on trail, and most importantly, off trail.

I'm still a powder pro guy with Carl's cut I started running them on my edge rmks and still like them. Grippers push where the powder pro's just go where you point them. I also think the sled lays over easier.

Premium Features

Back