• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Let's talk handlebars - feedback requested

K

klarkkentster

Well - I took my sled out for the first time yesterday. I bought it with the Polaris higher bars on it. I also rode my sons sled that has the low bars on it. Was surprised the difference in effort on the low vs high bars. Lower much easier to turn. 20 years ago seams like it was the higher the better. Curious what others experience has been on height and width of the bars. I also had a chance to feel the small 20mm Doo bars and I really like those. Anyone offering smaller diameter hand grips for Polaris? Whats worked best for you all?

High is 7” rise, med is 6”, low is 5”, I have been running 4” high ProTapers and really prefer those over something like a CFR conversion.

Burandt now offers a 4” rise as well and he is apparently running those on his sled this winter.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

High is 7” rise, med is 6”, low is 5”, I have been running 4” high ProTapers and really prefer those over something like a CFR conversion.

Burandt now offers a 4” rise as well and he is apparently running those on his sled this winter.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Where did you order your pars from? How tall are you?

I'm 6'3" and run the 5" low bars on my Khaos. Makes the sled much easier to control when on edge. As long as you don't ride standing straight up and down, which you shouldn't, I have no problem comfortably reaching the bars.

Lots of info on this topic, if you do a search.

With that said, I usually ran the medium height Pro Tapers but more so the Next Level Fly Bars on the last three sleds. This year, I'll be going to the Polaris Pro Taper Low Bars. I'm 6 foot but every time I go a little lower on bars, it seems to work out and I like it. This year will be the lowest thus far, but testing with "garage miles" I think it will be great!

Premium Features

Back