• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Lean turbo air to fuel readings. Help..

S

sweidall

I'm running around mn and up mich with a nytro xtx push turbo(newly installed) that is reading between 15 to 16 on the air to fuel gauge. I have D&D adjustable weights, top 8100 rpms at 8 to 9 pounds of boost. Any ideas on how or why i'm running so lean?

8100=turd

is this a piggyback or standalone? fwiw 8100 is too low....you will notice the motor likes to be up in the 8500-8800 range regardless of boost.

I tested the sled at a friend air landing strip. I don't see the a/f gauge go down much at full. Mid 15 readings..

Push turbo kit with boost/fuel controller
A/f gauge
Boost gauge
Rear mounted with T adjuster
3 pitch 144x15x2.5
7 tooth Anti ratchet driver
D & D adjustable weights, I believe 81 or 86 grams
45 degree secondary
Stock gear currently thinking about changing. Any ideas? I'd like to do 100mph.

Top rpm 8100
8 to 9 boost

Missing anything?

When at full throttle, a/f reading doesn't reduce much. Like low 16s at idle & mid 15s at full. I've never seen 12.5.

does it pop or anything WOT? that is VERY lean.. you could have a large exhaust leak which will give you very lean readings, if its sealed and your actually running 15afr its gonna run like poop and most likely cut out and pop on you. or just feel like it has NO power.

what kind of controller is it? dobeck based one? is it got a boost hose hooked up? settings?

Have you tested the AFR sensor? You can test it with brake cleaner. Video is up on youtube. When you put the sensor in a rag covered with brake cleaner the gauge should go to full rich.

Have you talked to Ken at push? 8 to 9psi seems like a lot of boost for Mn airstrip elevation. Hope you're running 100 percent race fuel.

I have the mpi 180 kit and run about the same elevation as you and I'm only going to be able to run around 5 psi. 8-9 psi seems like a lot of boost if you are not running race fuel or without an intercooler.

Last edited:
You're out of fuel, I've got the same kit and I run 9lbs at 6,000ft as soon as I try to turn it up more it goes lean. You need the upgrade offered by push to run that much boost at your elevation.

im no expert, but id say turn the boost down and adjust your clutch you should be pulling more rpms

Premium Features

Back