• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Late season Updates

Dec 3, 2007
Need to get some intel on conditions-
Headed out Saturday...recommendations:

How is Lost Lake ...is the Firehouse trail passable or do you have to slog through Primrose?

What about Johnson Pass?

What is the scoop on Hope (have never riden it).

Other direction- How is Hatchers, or Petersville.

Thanks

A
Nov 30, 2007
D.O.T guys from chulitna (petersville) said lots and lots of fresh in the peters and dutch hills. I'll be there sunday for the years last ride for me.:mad:

A
Nov 26, 2007
Girdwood, Ak
I want to go plan at Whittier tomorrow, anyone have recent updates?
I have been down there the last few days working on my boat. There is copious amounts of snow at all elevations. It looks REALLY wind loaded with big potential for slab avies. Should mellow out soon though. Headed through on the next tunnel....bringing the sled just in case.

J

JasonAK

Dec 5, 2007
PictureorVideo064.jpg
[/IMG]

Petersville was great last weekend, Down low the snow was hardpack. Once you got above 2500 feet it was great about 10" on top of a soft base. Here are some pics from last friday.:D

STD_0485.jpg
[/IMG]

Last edited:
G
Dec 1, 2007
Girdwood, Alaska
We had some pretty high winds in Whittier on thurs night, its pretty sketchky. Look like it has a good amount of snow. Been clear, was 43 today when I left.

Lost lake sucked as of weds. Windblown.

I am going to take the boat out this weekend and look for bears, tiss the season.

Mag

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Fairbanks Ak
12 mile summit has good snow towards Chena hotsprings, 3+ feet on the north sides!

12milesummit019.jpg

V
Nov 27, 2007
alaska
will be at turnagain saturday, as long as it does not rain, as the avalanche center is calling for. but hopefully the snow is not too soft and avalanche conditions stay at a minimum. i will find a few corneses and drop em; i will be there with an two m7's and a mountain cat 800. say hi i will be driving a white tacoma

AKSNOWRIDER

Lifetime Membership
Dec 25, 2007
anchorage
put on 250 miles at eureka this weekend...they got some good snow last weekend and again wednesday,,but then the wind blew hard..but still good in the high valleys..pics in a bit...

AKSNOWRIDER

Lifetime Membership
Dec 25, 2007
anchorage
which summit..there is one up by paxton where arctic man is, and there is one south just past hope turnoff ..before you reach the sterling hyw....

T

theultrarider

Nov 26, 2007
Soldotna Alaska
I bet he means 12 mile summit that Mag posted pics of. If so. theat is all the way up to Fairbanks and beyond. There are as many "summits" in Ak as there is mountains.

H
Feb 18, 2008
Anchorage
Don't forget the one up by Cantwell. I had to laugh last week when I listened to the weather report on TV and Jackie said Summit Lake got 10" of fresh snow. This was after she had already covered all the different regions of the state, so I had no idea which Summit Lake she was talking about.

P
Feb 15, 2008
yea i was talking about mile 12 summit i know the genral area that alot of good places are i just dont know the names of the places or like what mile post

Premium Features