• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Knee Guards

J
Jul 31, 2014
Fairhaven
CTI custom knee braces with the MX kit. If I were to do it again I'd probably just go for the off the shelf CTI braces. They are the best and have been making braces for action sports longer than the others.

J
Nov 25, 2019
Anyone try the mountain lab knee/shin guards?
Do the knee/shin guards go down into the top of your boot or stop above?

MidwestBoondocker

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
May 25, 2011
SW MN
Another vote for the EVS tp199 for me. Go into my boot nicely, stay put and comfortable. Can’t believe how long I rode without them. Must have item for me

Fosgate

Lifetime Membership
Mar 28, 2005
Rapid City, SD
I dislocated my knee cap twice. Once in the Army, my leg was jammed up and I pulled the outside of my thigh next thin I know my thigh moved but my lower leg didn't and I was wearing my knee cap on the inside of my leg for about 2 seconds before it popped back when I freaked and let go of my thigh. Second time was riding several years later. Ever since I have to ride with a knee brace that has good strapping to secure the kneecap as a precaution. I swear when it happens it just feels like you lost the lower half of your leg for a few minutes. Problem I have I have yet to find one that doesn't ride down. When it does that it pulls on the kneecap and aggravates it. So I just use cheap fox shin, knee guards, not that they really do much to help the risk of that kneed getting dislocated but does protect them from getting bashed. They don't really seem to make very good braces, knee protection for tall guys (6'7). Anyone have one that corrects this please share with me.

Clark42

Lifetime Membership
Jun 3, 2016
Washington
I commented previously suggesting BCA guards. I got tired of them moving around (becoming unreliable for protection). I bought Leatt dual axis knee/shin guards and they are great.

Premium Features