• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Just sold my Pro - Looking to buy used AXYS 850 - Issues in 2019??

R

rdladue

Oct 9, 2011
Anamosa, Iowa
Hi all - back to snowest after a couple year hiatus. Any truth to the rumor that the 19's had some engine issues that were fixed in 20? Sorry for the vague question but I'm not finding much on google about it. If anyone would know it would be you all. Appreciate any insight in advance. - Bob

G-Force

Lifetime Membership
Nov 21, 2002
Kamloops BC
There were some engine issues on the 19's, but at this point, if they were going to fail, they would have. Some issues with too much case sealant in a batch of engines, created oil line issues, then bearing failure.
Think those would have all been weeded through. My 19 has been a champ, still original plugs, starts on second pull hot or cold, pulls like crazy.

Teth-Air

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Nov 27, 2007
Calgary AB/Nelson BC
www.specified.ca
There were some engine issues on the 19's, but at this point, if they were going to fail, they would have. Some issues with too much case sealant in a batch of engines, created oil line issues, then bearing failure.
Think those would have all been weeded through. My 19 has been a champ, still original plugs, starts on second pull hot or cold, pulls like crazy.

Ditto for me and I am on the 2020 flash which is the best so far. Your dealer should do for free if you tell them it is hard to start sometimes.

AndrettiDog

Lifetime Membership
Dec 23, 2007
Colorado
In my group we had about 8 of them. One of them had issues with the oil line. A couple had problems running rich from the dealer (dealer added oil to tank). The rest of them ripped!

TDR

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Dec 19, 2012
No oil issues with mine. It ran really rich at first but after 19.5 flash it has been fantastic. Have about 2000 miles and still going strong.

summ8rmk

Most handsome
Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Feb 16, 2008
yakima, wa.
IMHO, and i have the right to my opinion.
issue rate is too high for me.
Only way i would own a 2019 840 is, if it was given to me. The 2020 still had to many issues for me to purchase but much improved over the 2019.

Sent it

A
Nov 26, 2007
Elko, NV.
I went with a used '19, I knew the previous owner had not had any issues with it and it still has 2 more seasons of transferrable warranty ($40). The sled has been great so far, if it goes south or gives me some issues I have the warranty to lean on. I know of 12 850's I ride with occasionally, 1 blew an oil line off at 450 miles and seized, the other 11 plus mine have performed flawlessly. Most of what you read on the innertube is grossly blown out of proportion, don't give it too much credibility. The biggest complaint you will hear about the 850's is they foul plugs, and I have found that they indeed do foul plugs if you touch the throttle while the screen reads "Cold", with 30 more seconds of patience I will more than likely go years without fouling another plug. I have been riding Polaris for 34 years and other than the crank issues of the 90's have had fantastic reliability, other than swapping pistons every 1,800 or 1,900 miles, they have mostly been gas and go. The only reason I didn't go new this time around is because the price of these toys is approaching insanity. All in with the last few 800's was $9,500 to $10,000, all in on a new 850 is $15,500 to $17,000 depending om add-ons.

goridedoo

Premium Member
Feb 8, 2010
My dealer claimed no issues with any of the 2019s they sold, not a large volume dealer though.

Mines been great, with the exception of fouling plugs 3 times in 1300 miles. All cold start issues.

sledcaddie

Premium Member
Feb 11, 2008
Lincoln, NE
I have a 2019 850. After the first year of running, the dealer said that Polaris was updating it with a reflash. It has run like a champ the entire time! I couldn't tell any difference after the reflash. It's always started and run perfectly.

Premium Features