• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Just joined the brotherhood.

So after disconnecting the ribbon cable of the speedo, I don't get any of the codes I was getting before flashing on the display. So that seems to have solved that except that now the useless buttons don't work.

But, My hot start issue seams to be getting worse. Before the ride I put new plugs in it and noticed the old ones gap was set at about .035. So on the new ones I set it at .025 like most people recomend that are running turbos. Now when I shut it down it will barely idle. If you tough the throttle it just dies. So I pulled off the air cleaner and covered the turbo inlet and it revs up perfect. So its like maybe flooded? Happened a couple times. But once it;'s going I seams to be running fine. I still am working on how to make adjustments to the fuel controler. Could the gap have anything to do with it or maybe running way to rich/lean?

Maybe I am asking the question prematurely. I guess I need to make sure my A/F ratio is correct before I can mess with anything else.

AFR - climb something WOT- for 3 seconds then look down at gauge

adjust accordingly, My sled sounded a little lean on a climb, looked down , afr read 12.4, so I added .5 to the turbo fuel, tried it again it was 12.2

Still trying to find out what my compression should be. I was told by previous owner, original owner, that head was modded to lower compression. There has to be other twisted owners that had the same thing done. What compression readings are you getting? What about pistons? most say use stock. But does the lower compression need something different.

And I do spend a lot of time going through the post trying to find the info I need.

Most twisted kits do have a lower compression head. If it's a pre HO (2010) Shaine still machined a couple thousandths of squish out of it. If it is 2010+ the head was machined close to the 09 spec but also has squish taken out.

Premium Features

Back