• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Just joined the brotherhood.

H

hawktoy85

I just purchased this M8 with twisted Tubo

I have had other sleds but this is my first Turbo. WOW! this thing screams. Running 11 lbs of boost.

So a few questions I have are:

1. Sled has 1700 miles and has had Turbo since her birth. Is there things I should be checking after that many miles?

2. On the Attitude box can I add some fuel to (Green) to richen up sled while on the trail. So I can more safely just cruise to the riding area.

3. The sled has been running on 50/50 pump/RG premixed with 16oz. of oil per 5 gallons. Does that sound good? and does oil quality matter?

4. I was told Shain uses a low compression head. Is this true? What psi should I be getting on a compression test?

I know I will have more questions. I had a blast today on her. Its amazing where you ca go on this thing. Can't wait to really learn how to ride it.

If it hasn't have fresh pistons and rings you should change them.
new reeds is a good idea (Run the M1000 reeds)

attitude adjustment. IMO don't get to excited about seeing 14-15 on the trail. just stay under 12.3 in a pull WOT.

Run 32:1 on your fuel ratio. or 20oz/5gal/620oz.

I don't believe it's a low compression head. he cuts the head to match the cylinders that have been cut to change the port timing. So he cuts the head to keep the squish opened up.

Just make sure you are running 40psi fuel pressure at idle, and that you are getting 1:1 increase in fuel pressure on boost.

and enjoy. super fun sled and kit.

Thunder

The reeds are new this season.

I think its sitting at about 38 psi at idle and it does increase 1:1 with boost. Is there a way to increase some so it is closer to 40 psi? Or is that a fixed setting depending on the pump?

I can't stress enough that if the sled runs great right now. Don't mess with fuel pressure, box settings etc.... New top end is a good idea. Shaine told me that if it's the HO motor with the higher comp head, to switch to a 09 head. If it's a HO, I beilve he takes the head to 09 compression then machine for the squish he wants.

ok I won't mess with settings except Green/Blue at WOT just to keep A/F correct.

So what would be a good range for compression? Just want to get a feel for how the top end is doing. I am hoping to get though this season and then do top end over summer.

As far as fuel pressure goes. Is 38 psi better than 42 psi?

And I have been searching and reading and doing as much homework as possible. I just can't call Shain and ask him these questions or I would.

Thank you for everyones help.

As far as fuel pressure goes. Is 38 psi better than 42 psi?

And I have been searching and reading and doing as much homework as possible. I just can't call Shain and ask him these questions or I would.

Thank you for everyones help.

no matter what you have for fuel pressure. 12.2-12.4 AR is the important thing to watch. So if you are running 38 then you'll probably be adding more boost fuel than a guy running 42.

So I am also assuming Green/Blue is your boost fuel?

(On my twisted kit Red/blue is boost fuel)

They are all a bit different.

Thunder

Congrats u got an awesome deal

I told my brother to go buy that sled, I increase my green with altitude. i set it at 3 for 4,000 feet and decrease as I gain altitude so it is about a 1.5 at 7000 feet and above. then fatten back up on the way down, shain also recommends turning your sled off and letting the box recalibrate every 1000 feet in altitude. I have the same sled an 09 my setting are 1.5-3 green, 1.5-2 yellow, red is off .5, turbo fuel is 4.5 always, and fuel change over is 7.5. running 10 psi .straight avgas , fuel pressure is 40 psi at idle, afr is 12.4 at WOT

On the boxes with the yellow blue setting. What exactly does that setting do? Also if the box has the yellow use light does that change what lights are for boost fuel??

Any advice or techniques to use when mixing fuel? Sled has been running 50/50. I have a 55 gal drum of VP110. DO I just put 2.5 gal of pump gas into 5 gall can add 2.5 race gas, pour in oil and stir?

my bro is a chemical engineer- he recommends

that you add the oil- heavier agent first, then add the lighter agent fuel to get the maximum amount of mixology- HA

My box is a PL and the yellow blue setting is boost fuel for the secondary injectors that come on at 9 psi. The plain yellow setting is for the acceleration of the sled. Thats what you add to for the trail to keep it rich. But as mentioned before all boxes are different.

So I had her out today. Ran great put had a couple small issues. Was out for about 5 hrs. Ran though a full tank of gas.

1. It stalled 3 times while idling and wouldn't restart. Wanted 10 min then fired right back up.

2. speedo gauge now flashes codes. First it says "620" On top line then "-325" On second row. Then flashes "vo3.8"

Anyone know what this could mean? Where can I download the book for this thing?

Thanks

Jake

heat soak -switch technique

if your sled is heat soaked and won't start, turn the sensor cut off switch to off, (sensor off), pull 2-3 times until sled pops, then turn switch to on- (sensor on) hold the throttle down and should start in 2-3 pulls.
Do not reverse it- hold throttle with sensor switch off, it will load her up big time.

I will try the cut off switch next time and see if it fires backup with out waiting. What does it look like?

And I just did compression test on sled with engine room temp. and 6 drops of 2-stoke oil I get 85 psi. Isn't that low? What are you other twisted folks getting. Maybe I am in need of a rebuilt top end?

it's a simple silver toggle switch

2 position, on or off, mine is wired as this, off means sensor is disabled, on means sensor is live- normal operating position. if switch is off it will throw a wrench code, I thinks it's 06

I told my brother to go buy that sled, I increase my green with altitude. i set it at 3 for 4,000 feet and decrease as I gain altitude so it is about a 1.5 at 7000 feet and above. then fatten back up on the way down, shain also recommends turning your sled off and letting the box recalibrate every 1000 feet in altitude. I have the same sled an 09 my setting are 1.5-3 green, 1.5-2 yellow, red is off .5, turbo fuel is 4.5 always, and fuel change over is 7.5. running 10 psi .straight avgas , fuel pressure is 40 psi at idle, afr is 12.4 at WOT

You say these boxes recalibrate for altitude when shut off? Is that correct

So there is no sensor cutoff switch on stock sled, right? I need to add one? Do I just put it in-line of one of the Temp sensor wires.

no switch on stock sled

twisted add a cutoff switch wired to your engine temp sensor, on the bottom of your motor. to assist with Heat soak starting issues.

yess hardazz, the sled should be turned off every 1000 feet in altitude change so it can recalibrate to the atmospheric pressure. for optimum fueling

Premium Features

Back