• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.
S
In desperate need of a decent paying job. I have been looking everywhere but everything is very low pay. (11-14) The economy is affecting my job (Propery Title Searcher) in a bad way. Company has done many layoffs, and has scaled back on everything.

Any ideas from you boys. Looking in the Salt Lake Area.

S
Nov 26, 2007
FU
The economy is pretty crappy. I put an job opening add on carreer builder on friday and got about 20 resumes. At least half of them are people that are completely over qualified. There is so much great talent for hire right now. Good luck.

A
Jun 23, 2004
Black Diamond, WA
There's lots of good paying construction and gas patch jobs on the CO Western Slope if you want to work.
I'm paying laborers $19.85/hr + $1500/mo subsistence. Carpenters are getting $27.75/hr + $1500/mo. Union + full benefits.

X

XC700116

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Oct 2, 2007
Milliken, CO
Don't know much about SLC area but if your willing to relocate BNSF Railway is hiring like a banshee lately.

S
Don't know much about ships, we don't have many of those here in Utah.
I have put in for a couple of positions, just waiting for the application periods to end and the tedious selection process. I just don't want to be caught unprepared in a bad situation, I guess you could say plan for the worst hope for the best.

Meatman

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
look to farming in the midwest...chit farmers right now are fawking RICH!!!!!

S
Nov 26, 2007
Fort Shaw, Montana
look to farming in the midwest...chit farmers right now are fawking RICH!!!!!

Maybe before you start quoting that, you look at what their overhead it took them to produce that crop. It might supprise you.

And it is time for farmers to make a little money. They are what makes so many little communitees surivive.

O
Jan 14, 2008
MN
good luck finding a job.. I've been looking for work in MN and haven't had much luck.. Not good on the money I had saved... hope things turn around and some people need electrical work done..

PJ-Hunter

Paid Premium Member
Lifetime Membership
Jan 31, 2006
Kremmling, Colorado
That's too bad. Title researchers aren't very busy here in Colorado either. As long as Real Estate stays dead the title market is gonna remain slow. I'm a Land Surveyor and things are hit and miss too!

xrated

Lifetime Membership
Jul 20, 2004
Plainview, MN
Maybe before you start quoting that, you look at what their overhead it took them to produce that crop. It might supprise you.

And it is time for farmers to make a little money. They are what makes so many little communitees surivive.

still the average farm INCOME is 80k

sorry to hijack.

BNSF, are they hiring track layers or what?

P

portgrinder

Nov 26, 2007
Edmonton

yes exactly, the farmers always have hard times. maybe more subsidies are the answer?

lots of coin to be made in fort mcmurray, fly in fly out. big $$

Premium Features