• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

It's SNOW time baby!

Thread Rating
5.00 star(s)
B
Nov 16, 2008
Funny how I put off buying motor parts all summer.....then a little snow in the mountains and the rest of the parts were all ordered today:D

W

Winter Project

Dec 3, 2007
Anchorage / Gwood
www.myspace.com
Was at the top of skyline in Eagle River tonight... it was snowing!!!

sepsnow.jpg

snowsep1.jpg

H
Jun 25, 2009
Eagle River, AK
Nice pics Trav!! :)

It's almost 2:30am, and I can't sleep.... My mind is bogged with snow coverd jumps, deep POW, and the sweet smell of Two Stroke!!! Oh the anticipation is killing me!!!

Ps... I saw snow mixed with rain at my house last night! :D

N
Nov 30, 2007
This is what Petersville looked like when I woke up yesterday morning and when I left around noon. Not much around the cabin (Safari Lake) but the hills look like they got hit pretty good.

Cabin 22 2009.jpg Petersville 22 2009.jpg

H
Dec 11, 2007
Valley Boy
Took the 4 wheeler to the top of Baldy today off of Shrock ... about 4" of new snow and clouds forming to dump as I left!!!

Frosted hard last night, the trail was way icy ... kind of spooky climbing up today. Wont be long now .... a few rainbow trips on the Talkeetna and then bring the sled out.

N
Dec 8, 2007
East Side A-Town

I was there on monday afternoon at that same visitor station doing the road lotto. It started to snow at 4pm ish......glad we got out.

We camped out at 2500ft on monday night, and woke up to 6-8" on tuesday morning......One of the rangers said they had gotten 2-4ft in spots upwards in elevation.

This was around the area they were talking about. The rangers we talked to at Eilson said it was in the 70's on sunday. Crazy weather....

2ft + on these roads...no thanks

Last edited:
Reactions: aksnomachinechic

donbrown

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Los Angeles
I was there on monday afternoon at that same visitor station doing the road lotto. It started to snow at 4pm ish......glad we got out.

We camped out at 2500ft on monday night, and woke up to 6-8" on tuesday morning......One of the rangers said they had gotten 2-4ft in spots upwards in elevation.

This was around the area they were talking about. The rangers we talked to at Eilson said it was in the 70's on sunday. Crazy weather....

2ft + on these roads...no thanks

Those are nice roads.

No trees to cut, boulders to break and move. And it looks like two vehicle road. Good stuuf.

Premium Features