• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Is Power line pass open

W
Does this report mean that powerline pass is open? I always imagined that there would be a lot of greenies up there throwing granola bars at you or something.

Anchorage Hillside in Chugach State Park Now Open to Snowmachines
Chugach State Park staff has determined that the snow depth is adequate to protect underlying vegetation and has opened the Anchorage Hillside snowmachine area as of noon today, January 12, 2008.

O
Jan 15, 2008
Powerline pass is open

Yes. Rode Powerline Pass on Saturday. The good things about it was it was close, and we didn't miss to much football. Good base, but not a lot of powder. Plenty of snow in the willows, but rocks were exposed on the wind-blown spots. It was a good ride, because we wouldn't have gone anywhere if it wasn't so close to home.

H

HYFLYR

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Nov 21, 2007
Alaska
You can head back a few miles if the snow is good but if not its a limited playground. Its in town so its nice for a quick ride for sure. Its worth a trip just to go rip if you got time, i think i will be there tomorrow for awhile.

I

I_boondock

Nov 6, 2001
Anchorage, AK
You can head back a few miles if the snow is good but if not its a limited playground. Its in town so its nice for a quick ride for sure. Its worth a trip just to go rip if you got time, i think i will be there tomorrow for awhile.

"SNOW VEHICLE MEANS A MOTOR VEHICLE OF 850 LBS OR LESS GROSS VEHICLE WEIGHT,"

Did you read the rules? I don't think YOU can ride there legally. ;):beer;:beer;

H

HYFLYR

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Nov 21, 2007
Alaska
Power line pass is super deep snow, it was killer!
Powelinepass014.jpg

Powelinepass009.jpg

Powelinepass061.jpg

Powelinepass100.jpg

V
Nov 27, 2007
alaska
I was reading the rules on the DNR site posted and it said "SNOW VEHICLES MUST BE REGISTERED WITH DMV/DEPT. OF PUBLIC SAFETY. THE
FEE IS $10 FOR 2 YEARS OR $30 FOR SIX. STICKER MUST BE PLACED ON EACH SIDE OF THE MOTOR COWLING."

do all of you guys actually put those stickers on you cowling??? what all do you need to register it. I dont have a title for my sled. vance

Nov 26, 2007
Anchorage, AK
Bill of sale is adequate to get it registered.
I put mine on the tunnel instead of the cowl but haven't ever had a problem with the rangers.

Glad to see its open with good snow, been a while since that happened.

I

IQRIDR

Nov 27, 2007
Mountains, Alaska
chad...how many rides in a row on the same motor...whatever it is..it must be a record!

i cant wait to get my sled back....

Joe

Like 10-15 rides in a row so far with no problems! Woot woot haha wish you could say the same, right joe...jab jab hehe

Premium Features