• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Is a clutch kit beneficial on the 850? Let’s find out.

madmax

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Salt lake city
I got the TRS stuff the beginning of last season. Aligned clutches on my new khaos. Rode 100 break in miles with stock clutching. Surprisingly the stock clutching was ok, not where I’d want, but decent for a lot of guys. At about 150 miles put my turbo on, TRS clutching and recommended belt. Amazing set up! The sled ran perfect for the next 800ish miles on one belt. I’m talking extreme 6lbs of boost mountain bashing. Really impressed with TRS.

MDEVO

Chic Chocs Addicts
Lifetime Membership
Oct 21, 2011
Oshawa, ON,Canada
TRS.
Stock clutching on my 850 did not work great at low elevation for me. I Ride @2-4K
Tony’s set up with a gear down made the sled smooth in the trees and Helped my clutches run much cooler, belt wear is even and belt life is excellent, This compared to my riding partners with stock and other style kits. Very Happy.

die hard poo

Lifetime Membership
Apr 10, 2008
Kenai, AK
I haven't been really happy with the bottom end of the 850 compared to my 2016-800. I have geared it down quite a bit (2.52 ratio) and have played with the clutching. So far I like the new boondocker weight along with a steeper helix 60-42.36. I run stock spring rates. The thing I noticed is the motor like around 8350-8500rpm. When I tried lowering it to 8-8100 like the manual states it feels super sluggish. My next thing I am going to try is the lightweight rotating mods (patrick carbon clutch cover and machining plus zrp machined flywheel and brake rotor). My theory is the pork chop crank of the 800 allows it be more snappy off bottom end compared to the 850.... We will see.

Reactions: Teth-Air
Premium Features