• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Injectors

W

WITHERS

What is everyone using for secondary injectors? Are there any cheaper options than the stock Cat ones? Automotive style with a higher flow rating?

If you are looking for a price it should be 50-70 bucks a injector. Talk to the turbo buliders or the guys selling the fuel controller that you are using, not all injectors will work.

Last edited:
does anyone know how much the stock injectors flows, CC? Arctic-Cat part number: 3007-698, stock 2008 M8.

Is there any aftermarket injectors that replaces stock Arctic-Cat?

What is everyone using for secondary injectors? Are there any cheaper options than the stock Cat ones? Automotive style with a higher flow rating?

I don't know about other kits, but OVS uses a performance automotive style injector that matches his boost to fuel curve in the pure logics box. The early cat injectors were low impedance and the OVS secondary injectors are high impedance. There is a ton more to it than meets the eye.

Hope this helped, good luck

yeah, you could use virtually any injector, as long as the box is designed to drive either high or low impedence, also, your aux injector fuel curve needs to be based off the exact injectors your using, so if your just trying to find replacements, good luck.

if your trying to peice together a kit, and need to drive them i can point you in the right direction.

Does anyone know what brand of injectors the M8 uses? How bout anybody that sells connectors to the stock injectors?

Does anyone know what brand of injectors the M8 uses? How bout anybody that sells connectors to the stock injectors?

I think Cat switched from low impedance to high impedance injectors in 2010 or 2011. Not sure if they switched vendors? Not that, it answered your questions, but just something to keep in mind.

Take a magnifying glass and get the numbers off of your stock injectors, You can find a lot of data on line if you dig deep enough.

Good luck

The throttle bodies are off 08 M8. I'm going to convert my turbo REV 800 to EFI using these. I know people will say "just buy the M8 with them already". That not how I roll, I built my own turbo kit. EFI will just make it that much better. Thanks for the heads up on the High-Z vs. Low-Z years.

My PTO injector has these #'s. 1001-87650 & 7D05. The MAG side has these #'s. 1001-87650 & 6L05. Both have yellow top 2 pin connectors w/ a Triangle shape logo molded in them.

Update:
They are also used by Toyota, made by Denso. Flow Rate: 680cc @ 3 Bar Fuel Pressure (43.5 psi) or about 65lbs/hr, Low Impedance peak and hold Design, 4 ohms resistance.

Last edited:
The throttle bodies are off 08 M8. I'm going to convert my turbo REV 800 to EFI using these. I know people will say "just buy the M8 with them already". That not how I roll, I built my own turbo kit. EFI will just make it that much better. Thanks for the heads up on the High-Z vs. Low-Z years.

My PTO injector has these #'s. 1001-87650 & 7D05. The MAG side has these #'s. 1001-87650 & 6L05. Both have yellow top 2 pin connectors w/ a Triangle shape logo molded in them.

Update:
They are also used by Toyota, made by Denso. Flow Rate: 680cc @ 3 Bar Fuel Pressure (43.5 psi) or about 65lbs/hr, Low Impedance peak and hold Design, 4 ohms resistance.

Not to hijack the thread, but how are you dealing with the ECU. Are you going to run an M8 ECU and stator? Are you going to use a stand alone?

As it sits right now, gonna use my stock MPEM for ignition and a stand alone for fueling. This might turn into a summer project since we are getting close to riding season.

Does anybody know why Cat uses 3 different part #'s for M8 injectors?

2008) 3007-698 (l), 3006-060 (n), 3006-061 (s)

2010) 3007-891 (l), 3007-892 (n), 3007-893 (s)

I need to change my '08 Low-Z injectors to '10+ High-Z....but not at $326 ea.

I think they buy a boat load of injectors and have them flow tested. They group them into three different lots and then set their ecu to match the flow characteristic......er at least that is the impression I get.

I was told if they are all plastic bodies, they are high impedence, its the early stuff with the steel fat bodies that are low impedence.

I was looking for some injectors and didnt want to spend the 300 so i found some used m1000 red ones for 50 ea. to use for my boost-it

Jim

Jim,
What year of M1000 did yours come off of? I assume the F1000 are the same? Can you ohm test yours for me? Also any idea how many CC's or LB/HR they flow or maybe the # off the side of them?

My steel ones measured 2.7Ω

Thanks.

Last edited:
Call up a few injector companies and they will have all the specs for even our snowmobiles.. Thats who told me about the low - high differences..

Jim

Premium Features

Back