• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Industrial Injection SPS 66 turbo

mattymac

Lifetime Membership
Just testing the waters for an industrial injection super phat shaft 66/71 turbo, its on my 04.5 cummins

hasnt been pushed past 40 psi nor seen hotter than 1350, my fueling is only in the 500hp range which is nothing for this charger thats why its never seen much heat. still installed as of right now, truck is my daily driver, turbo has maybe 30K miles since install. Even passed CA smog with it installed! Turbo is a drop in replacement for the 03-07.5 common rail 5.9's, also works with exhaust brakes. (at least with my pacbrake it has zero clearance issues and fits/works perfect!)

http://www.industrialinjection.com/id43.html

It works awesome, spools good with a manual equiped truck, I wouldnt run this on a very tight/low stall converter auto without some more fuel personally.

coated turbine housing as well, lookin to get 1000 shipped, pix on request!

Last edited:
That is a STEAL on that charger. if you still have it by the time i buy my 3rd gen ill be in touch. What direction are you going now? II compounds?

Honestly, I think I might go to a 62, I wouldnt mind going to a stocker/S475 set of twins but the hassle for getting it smogged every two years is hard to justify. Also I dont have the fuel to justify this turbo, I had diffrent HP goals when I purchased it than where I ended up is all. the crazy thing is how well it drives/spools up (6spd)! Its been an awesome turbo I just think that a 62 might be better suited for where my trucks at is all.

Brady at II said to downgrade this turbo to a SPS62 would have been around 1000! Compressor wheel change, turbine wheel, new bearings (they said if they reconfigure it that they would want to put in new bearings seals etc) balance, shipping, etc using my turbo! For a little more (but still less than taking my 66 to a 62) I can buy a whole new turbo and someone could get a deal on this one!

one more bump of someone is looking for a sweet single!

If not ill keep driving it!!!

Premium Features

Back