• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

in pain, need help asap

i just had my wisdom teeth pulled, all 4, and my face hurts so damn bad. i've taken 3 oxycodone (percoset) in like 3 hrs, and 2 600 mg ibuprofen, and my $hit still hurts. how many is ok to take? i'm not tryin to get messed up, just not hurt. i've never taken anything over ibuprofen, so this stuff is new to me. thanks!!!!

i had mine pulled and didn't need any painkillers after.best advice is to keep it wet and change gauze every few hours.don't drink alcohol or smoke and you should be fine.sorry no advice on painkillers, ive never even tried vicodin let alone percoset.

i had mine pulled and didn't need any painkillers after.best advice is to keep it wet and change gauze every few hours.don't drink alcohol or smoke and you should be fine.sorry no advice on painkillers, ive never even tried vicodin let alone percoset.

hmmm. i would have said to start drinkin... course, ive been putting getting mine pulled for years now..

dont take too many drugs, youll get sick as a fuggin dog... i have heard that you should smoke and dont drink thru a straw.. someting about air or some chit...

Suck it up ya big wuss! An hour after mine were pulled, I was chewing corn nuts.
Ok,,, Ok,,,, that was a lie. I never did get the pain prescription filled though, just a few Tylenol did the trick for me.
I did use a salt water mouth wash quite often too.

i just had my wisdom teeth pulled, all 4, and my face hurts so damn bad. i've taken 3 oxycodone (percoset) in like 3 hrs, and 2 600 mg ibuprofen, and my $hit still hurts. how many is ok to take? i'm not tryin to get messed up, just not hurt. i've never taken anything over ibuprofen, so this stuff is new to me. thanks!!!!

Are you icing your jaws/cheeks down? Sitting up isn't the best thing either. The more you move around, the worse it is. Like has been said, no smoking, and be very careful with how you drink/eat. You don't want a dry socket....you'll know real pain then (not to minimize what you are feeling now). Lay down with ice packs. Take your meds the way they were prescribed, and if not working, put in a call to whomever pulled your teeth (there should be an after hours number). That person is going to best be able to advise you. :)

Not trying to sound preachy...I did a stint for 5 years as a Dental Assistant.

through several very painful situations in my life, i discovered that ice is right close to the best pain killer there is,,,,;put a number of cubes in a double ziplock bag with just a little water to increase the contact area....give it about 15 minutes....not only does it decrease the pain, it decreases the swelling which is pressing on the nerves and making it worse

Perc doesnt have any ibuprofen in it, but it does have tylenol, each perc prob has 500 milligrams. Prob shouldnt take more than 2000 mg of ibuprofen and 4000 of tylinol a day. I guess i had 4 impacted wisdom teeth taken out and never took a single painkiller.....u sure they didnt use a chain saw??

Back when I had my wisdom teeth pulled last summer (all 4 at once) I took what they gave me, T3s and some penicillin if I remember correctly and I was fine... Till I got drysocket, now THAT hurt, got to the point where I was darn near in tears just trying to eat soft foods (tried eating a burger once, that didn't go over well LOL). So back to the dentist and he was amazed that I didn't come back sooner. Turns out little bits of food were staying in there and rotting, causing the pain. Anyways, he flushed out the "wells" and gave me a plastic syringe with a curved pointy end on it so I could flush out any debris that got stuck. Told me to fill it with salt water and have at er'. A few days later I was back to normal in a sense and I could actually eat solid food.

Take what they give you, rinse your mouth and keep the gauze fresh. Worst comes to worst, go back to the dentist and let him/her know what your going through.

hope this helps:)

I had them pulled this past June. All 4, 2 were impacted. I had them done in the hospital, and totally put out(Passing out was cool!)

The percacet they gave me was ok, but the best thing was sleep. It was kinda hard to sleep at times, but I felt no pain when passed out.

Or go for Yukon Jack 100, Bacardi 151 does better though, or hardcore Everclear. Never had the last one, but the 151 does wonders. ;)

You took 3 percs and still had pain? Dude get to the hospital cuz somethin seriously wrong is happenin. 3 in 3 hours should put u right on yer @ss. When I was in intense pain from the pinched nerve in my back they tried morphine, demerol and somethin else not sure what it was. Nothin touched the pain. Then the doc gave me a perscript for percs. Took 2 and was out of it for several hours. Only needed 4 of them total haven't had any pain since. I have heard of people takin a few then goin to the bar. I figure after 2 if my house was on fire I would have burned to death n not felt a thing. You probably have an infection. Get it checked fast!

UGH! I have two that are impacted on the bottom, but they aren't causing pain so they stay! After reading this they can stay there till it starts to hurt!

PJ, dont wait bro!!!! the longer you wait, the worse it gets they say. mine hurt pretty damn bad before i finally nuted up. shoulda done it years ago i guess, you know, when they recomended it. my bottom ones were in 90* from what they were supposed to be, pointed forward in my mouth. kinda messed up. they got into the nerves in my jaw which effed it all up. i cant feel the left side of my jaw. tops are fine, but the bottom is all wacked out. i'd recomend doing sooner that later. and yes, lots of ice and sleep are great. thanks everyone!

:D Just kiddin on the pu$$y comment.

Word of advice. Go to an **** SURGEON, not just your run-of-the-mill Dentist. I got 4 pulled and was 100% good-to-go the next night.

**** = O R A L

Premium Features

Back