• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Important State Parks Survey

Thread Rating
5.00 star(s)
A

AkSummit

Nov 28, 2007
ALASKA
I complained about not seeing an increase in accessability and riding areas. Eagle River has a whole valley that just screams "ride me". There should be access.

The Fourth Wolf

Lifetime Membership
Jan 8, 2008
Anchorage, AK
I complained about not seeing an increase in accessability and riding areas. Eagle River has a whole valley that just screams "ride me". There should be access.

I made similar comments. ERV gets virtually no winter travel traffic beyond the loops near the visitor center. I reminded park officials that the type of sleds and riders attracted to the park do not require established, maintained trails, simply routes of travel. I also told them that the Hillside area should be redefined as "main trail only" and "off trail". Hillside is closed due to insufficient snow yet the Powerline Pass trail is deep hard pack with some fluff. That's plenty of vegetation protection for a low-impact cruise with the wife and kids.

Thanks guys for your inputs.

Premium Features